Home Forums General General What's on your painting desk/table/corner

Viewing 7 posts - 601 through 607 (of 607 total)
  • Author
    Participant

28mm Perry plastic French Hussars – just 8 of them. I had been dreading these, with all the lace. It turns out the lace is not such a big deal, it is just the wide range of colours and details that need painting that are not so much skill based, but rather time based.

20 x Perry 28mm Duchy of Warsaw have marched off to the basing department.

Academy do a 1/72 plastic kit set containing a jeep, kubelwagen and a Kettenkrad. These are pretty quick to build. It is the latter that has caught my eye and I am making it up for a small vignette, with some fuel drums and ammo crates, suggesting a forward supply stash.

Participant

It turns out the lace is not such a big deal, it is just the wide range of colours

Thats why they invented dry brushing Norm- light brush strokes, gradually darken the lace to provide the contrast of colours. Not that hard really…
    dave

Participant

A bunch of Vikings, mostly Victrix, just needing a coat of varnish to seal them off. Intended mainly for WAB, but will work for whatever system is needed.

Viking warbands

3*24 Viking warbands,

VIking archers and skirmishers and characters

2*16 Viking archers, 2*12 Viking javelinmen, and 22 characters.

http://mainly28s.com
    wargames review site...

Participant

Updated post above with pics of the snails pace painting mentioned…

👨🏻 d

Participant

This weekend is the midpoint of two extremely long workweeks punctuated by about 5000 miles of business travel. But I have the weekend off and I plan to paint… once I get an air conditioner in my studio, because damn.

This weekend I have been induced by a friend at my club to paint an “actual” Legions Imperialis force at 8mm scale, by him providing it to me. I got some lovely Vanguard warstalkers to act as my Titans, so I’m ready to go there. I also picked up a lovely set of the new 3mm scale Undead army from Microworld and they are on the table too. I need the quiet contemplation of a weekend of painting and audiobooks before I jet off again on Monday at the crack of dawn.

Participant

Palette Painting since 1977

In an annoyingly simple exercise, after last weeks frustration of computer/ net ills, here’s all thats happened, or not, a record of an artifact palette probably begun in 1977 in Christchurch, and in semi-continuous use, or storage, in Auckland, ever since.

The primary (not Primary) colours of black, white  and red have been shaved down a few times so the contours largely mimic a volcanic landscape. The base is a random left over piece of ‘solid core fibre’ cardboard- a long in the tooth complex product of the prolific paper industry (ie wood products).

That’s several generations of paint, with defiant Humbrols on the bottom, and from the mid-eighties a series of Polly-S, Tamiya (a little) and HobbyLobby acrylics (bought in LA in 2002- my last overseas jaunt.

Bottom of the palette is the home made turquoise from Jonathan G.s description for Russian Jaeger.
    I hope to do a little painting again soon, with the computer woes behind us… cheers

from a chilly Winter!

Working on a barricade for my Stirland lads for WFB 3rd edition.

Viewing 7 posts - 601 through 607 (of 607 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.