Home Forums General General What's on your painting desk/table/corner

Viewing 40 posts - 121 through 160 (of 387 total)
  • Author
    B6GOBOS
    Participant

Lots of the wonderful Knuckleduster War of 1812 figures. Building Brown’s army for the 1814 Niagara campaigned.  Have just finished 4 American regular battalions, 1 volunteer battle and a group of gunners and cannon.

irishserb
    Participant

Probably easier to list what isn’t on my table, but not much painting going on.  I did clean it off (sort of) this morning, so here’s a pic:

QRF 15mm Vickers MkIIIs, a few T34s, a couple of skeletal dinosaurs, some Peter Pig African regulars, a bunch of 6mm aircraft (I-94/Raiden and Scotia), cold war US mircro-armor, star ships for Star Trek, 28mm post-apoc mercs, and a 1/72 OV-10 Bronco still waiting for decals, among the heap.

kyoteblue
    Participant

Wowzer !!!

I now have some angel barracks scenery and figures to complete. Once postie  arrives in a few days hopefully some qrf terrain items too.

McKinstry
    Participant

6 units of 6mm Sassanid cataphracts (18 figures per unit/base) almost finished

2 x 1/2400 Tumbling Dice Aphract Triremes – So far I really like ‘Poseidon’s Warriors’ and this is my start up

2x 1/3000 French 74’s from Westwind – experimental paint to see an alternate to 1/2400 for playing on hexes

6x 10mm Old Glory Crusader Command needing mounting for Hail Caesar

Need to start on some Baccus 6mm ECW baggage stands for a game September 25 trying out Impetus Baroque

Never wrestle with a pig. You both get muddy and the pig just likes it.

Cameronian
    Participant

15mm French SYW cavalry and a 1/72 Soviet Mi 28 Havoc:

'The time has come" The walrus said. "To talk of many things: Of shoes--and ships--and sealing-wax--Of cabbages--and kings--And why the sea is boiling hot--And whether pigs have wings."

DM
    Participant

Three  1/1200 cogs to represent Jeanne design Clisson’s “Black Fleet” of pirate ships and zoom selection of 19th century forts and shore batteries from Brigade

Patrice
    Participant

Three 1/1200 cogs to represent Jeanne de Clisson’s “Black Fleet” of pirate ships

Interesting, and unusual! Any pictures?

http://www.argad-bzh.fr/argad/en.html
    https://www.anargader.net/

Matt Smith
    Participant

• This reply was modified 4 years, 7 months ago by Matt Smith.
    Angel Barracks

Just started working on a set of towers for my Junker Refinery:

Mr. Average
    Participant

I’m working on a United Nations armored task force at 3mm scale, hopefully to hit the table come Saturday.

kyoteblue
    Participant

10 FV 432  from Battlefront.

willz
    Participant

Some lovely looking models on your tables, thanks for sharing.  On my workbench one battalion French infantry, one battalion Swiss grenadiers, artillery crews and various mounted.

Gaz045
    Participant

Heaps of stuff, the usual ‘stop/go’ on various topics and subjects…….but today is building day, finishing off some 20mm MDF buildings and some resin bits too…………

"Even dry tree bark is not bitter to the hungry squirrel"

Whirlwind
    Participant

I am down to finishing off the last unpainted items in my collection http://hereticalgaming.blogspot.co.uk/2016/11/the-bottom-of-lead-mountain-and-plastic.html

A few Zvezda 1/100 WW2 vehicles

Some 6mm buildings, some from Commission Figurines (their Waterloo mdfs) and some from Leven miniatures (Viking and NW Europe)

A few odds and ends 28mm fantasy figures (for my daughter)

…that’s it.

https://hereticalgaming.blogspot.co.uk/

willz
    Participant

I am down to finishing off the last unpainted items in my collection http://hereticalgaming.blogspot.co.uk/2016/11/the-bottom-of-lead-mountain-and-plastic.html A few Zvezda 1/100 WW2 vehicles Some 6mm buildings, some from Commission Figurines (their Waterloo mdfs) and some from Leven miniatures (Viking and NW Europe) A few odds and ends 28mm fantasy figures (for my daughter) …that’s it.  

Wow all due respect you have reached a state of wargaming life I think we all dream of attaining.

Whirlwind
    Participant

Haha! Well it doesn’t feel that different to be honest, but there again, I have never had a really big lead mountain or plastic pile.  My jaw used to slightly drop whenever Neil of Meeples & Miniatures fame explained just how much he had to paint…

What I will try and do though is limit my purchases to a level so that, if I were to take three days off work, I could paint the lot to my satisfaction (my  mental limit up to now has been two weeks).  I’m aiming to get the hits of choosing, buying and painting in smaller doses, more regularly (and hopefully will be more reactive to current infatuations).

https://hereticalgaming.blogspot.co.uk/

Angel Barracks

ah-ha some crudely painted bad guys!
    Just waiting on the bases to dry before finishing them off.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Assembling 28mm Eureka miniatures Gendarmes for a friend to paint for $$ and Joust rules from Two Hour Wargames (THW) convention game.

Starting to assemble

Mr. Average
    Participant

Yoshitaka-san!

His particle cannon is primed, his missiles are armed, his paint… well, not quite yet.

Mike
    Keymaster

Reason: Add picture

You the man  😀

willz
    Participant

Lovely models on your various workbenches, on mine one large Titan scratch build and 10 plastic Adeptus Titanicus Titans oh and 100+ 18th century 28mm and 100+ 20mm 18th century and some horses.

Angel Barracks

Some hero’s and wolves to do.

Not sure how much effort to put into them, good thing about the wolves is that they are easy to re-use so a good paintjob could get it’s money’s worth.

I am finishing some Command Decision units that I started in the 90’s. Some old vehicles and some no frills speed painting.

US Infantry

Next up will be finishing Warhammer 40k figures (Around 20). I have never played 40K, I simply found some Space marine models in GW back in 2000 that I liked and wanted to paint. I’ll either display some of them (if I get a wargames room next year) or sell them.

Mike
    Keymaster

I am finishing some Command Decision units that I started in the 90’s

I wonder what the record is on that, for time to complete a unit?

These and my front rank french dragoons have been pretty much on 20 years – I did have a 20 break in between 😉

Mike
    Keymaster

Turns out the Iranian Grey Wolf is not really that grey…

• This reply was modified 4 years, 2 months ago by Mike.
    willz
    Participant

Turns out the Iranian Grey Wolf is not really that grey…  

Nicely painted wolves Mike, and I have learnt something today, there again black horses are not really black.

I am working on some 40K Space Marines for testing\practice as I try out some shades of red, blue and gold. I don’t play 40K, I just like the figures and hope to then crack into some Ion Age 15mm figures I have afterwards.

Space marines

Ultra

Mike
    Keymaster

That is a good red!

Iain Fuller
    Participant

PSC Panther and PzIII Flammpanzer for upcoming Chain of Command games.

Mike
    Keymaster

Stroezie
    Participant

Jar-Jar Beads?

Messa liken them plenty much sah!

If you like small scale skirmish, check out http://planetares6.blogspot.be/?m=0

Angel Barracks

Jar-Jar Beads?
    Messa liken them plenty much sah!

I feel the need for a no Binks rule on TWW

😀

Angel Barracks

In an effort to try and stay motivated to paint, I will be adding things here and maybe some of you could chase me up if I go a few days without posting something new?
    I must paint more!!

So, WIP:

3 rocky outcrops
    slave girl
    basket of food
    bushy brush

Don’t let me slack off!

😀

Angel Barracks

Painted most of those, onward and upward!

Don Glewwe
    Participant

In an effort to try and stay motivated to paint, I will be adding things here and maybe some of you could chase me up if I go a few days without posting something new? I must paint more!!  Don’t let me slack off! 😀

Here’s a challenge for the kids amongst us (ie: those that didn’t use 1″tape and/or Hollerith punch cards for their first progamming efforts almost a half-century ago – get off my lawn!)…

Perhaps based on something like the Uber model, come up with an app (lookit the old guy using slang!) that contracts a dedicated ‘annoyer’ to show up at one’s address at a given rate to inquire as to the progress made on a particular task.  Pics and such proof would remove the slacker stigma of laziness.

This would work, I should think, for many areas: gardening, painting, writing, home-improvement…even drudgeries such as housecleaning -imagine if the neighbors knew you hadn’t washed the ____ in over a month?

I think you’re onto something here, angelbarracks, and even though it’s been done a gazzilion times before (ie: asking for internet encouragement) I think that jumping on the commercialization of the idea could be a big revenue stream for TWW.  –or at the very least encourage the development of a genre of new games…which you should still get a piece of…  ; )

https://brawlfactory.net/

gcmini
    Participant

Warlords Games (Italeri) 28mm (1/56th scale) Tiger for Bolt Action just before weathering.

Warlords Games 28mm Bolt Action Germans

Allen Rockwell
    GameCraft Miniatures
    Business: www.gcmini.com
    My Blog: www.allensmicroarmor.com

Mike
    Keymaster

Getting properly into BA I see!   😀

Angel Barracks

That tank camo makes my eyes fuzzy!!

Some 15mm undead next..

Viewing 40 posts - 121 through 160 (of 387 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.