Home Forums General General What's on your painting desk/table/corner

Tagged: 

This topic contains 273 replies, has 80 voices, and was last updated by modelbuildings2010.com modelbuildings2010.com 2 months ago.

Viewing 40 posts - 161 through 200 (of 274 total)
  • Author

Anonymous

Sigh, right now plastic coverings for the dust from the jackhammer – plumber hopes to pour concrete this week so basement can re reassembled and final cleaning done.

willz
    willz
    Participant

Donny a plumber doing concrete, be afraid very afraid.

Just had my bathroom and cloakroom re-plumbed, I have all the fine touching, painting and cleaning to do.  So I know how you feel.

Anonymous

Donny a plumber doing concrete, be afraid very afraid. Just had my bathroom and cloakroom re-plumbed, I have all the fine touching, painting and cleaning to do. So I know how you feel.

LOL, fortunately I have seen his work on same basement for other issues and I have high expectations.

• This reply was modified 48 years, 12 months ago by .
    Angel Barracks
    Angel Barracks

No further work on the skeletons, need a substantial chunk of time to aside for them.
    But did paint some bushes, make a start on a rocky outcrop and added texture to some bases for more bandits and some villagers from Utuseb 

Angel Barracks
    Angel Barracks

Tent and an Oven done…

Still the above to get done though..   🙁

Angel Barracks
    Angel Barracks

Rocky outcrops, a camel and some homewares!

Angel Barracks
    Angel Barracks

I painted some figures I did..

I have had no time to do anything of late, but over a few weeks I forced myself to get do something….anything. So I found some 1/72 Romans, Templars and Britons and threw some paint on them as I plan to use Song of Blades for some skirmish games.

Mike
    Mike
    Keymaster

Romans, cool!
    My daughter is doing Roman history at school and the urge to paint some is strong, this is not helping!

😀

Angel Barracks
    Angel Barracks

Almost finished this at long last…

• This reply was modified 1 year, 6 months ago by Angel Barracks Angel Barracks. Reason: removed iffy joke
    Iain Fuller
    Iain Fuller
    Participant

Is it giving you the hump?

I’ll get me coat…..

Angel Barracks
    Angel Barracks

All done.

15mm Camel from Irregular Miniatures, 15mm Barbarian from Copplestone Castings.

Now my hero has an animal to thump in the face.

Tom V.
    Participant

Partially painted that I need to finish at some point:

My 15mm Franco-Prussian is very playable (3 Prussian, 2 Bavarian corps and a Baden division on one side and 4 French corps on the other) but I’d like to add the Prussian guard corps and enough regular French line to swap out for Turcos and Zouaves so I can convert the I Corps into the III or VI.

28mm “Major Dundee.” I have the U.S. Cavalry and the French done, need to finish the Apache’s then start on the Mexican villagers, Mexican army, U.S. infantry and some towns people.

28mm ancient Chinese for FOG. Am maybe 20% done here.

I painted my 20mm U.S. in Afghanistan, now I need to paint the Afghanis.

28mm British navy, Pirates, are done, fort garrison is half done as are the townspeople.

Seven years war in 28mm is already large but I have a few regiments of Prussians I can paint and some more Russian artillery.

Need to paint the Viet Cong for my 15mm Vietnam pile.

Grimheart
    Grimheart
    Participant

Hawk Dropfleet – building Shaltari cruisers and painting basic colours on frigates.

Warlords Doctor Who Exterminate – some Cybermen and Daleks trying initial paint schemes.

Interest include 6mm WW2, 6mm SciFi, 30mm Old West, DropFleet, Warlords Exterminate and others!

Angel Barracks
    Angel Barracks

Started a second of my Crom’s Anvil 15mm buildings.
    Will be adding bits to the roof of this one though.

Victoria Dickson
    Victoria Dickson
    Participant

You should gradually reduce that figure, maybe a leg next?  Like the knight in Monty Python. 🙂

kyoteblue
    kyoteblue
    Participant

LOL !!!!

Victoria Dickson
    Victoria Dickson
    Participant

LOL !!!!

Sure, laugh, but you’ll miss me when I get banned for being cheeky to a Mod. :p

kyoteblue
    kyoteblue
    Participant

Oh not laughing at you Victoria ,but the joke.

My camera is having issues but I am current painting:

15mm Prussians and Austrian  Napoleonic’s (that I am selling to a friend.)

Finishing several 28mm Russian Napoleonic’s (that I am also selling a friend.)

6mm Angel barracks stuff I found when looking for the figures above.

Victoria Dickson
    Victoria Dickson
    Participant

Oh not laughing at you Victoria ,but the joke.

I know, just kidding. 🙂

Derek H
    Derek H
    Participant

Finishing off the Spanish Church from the Charlie Foxtrot “Pantiles” range.   It’s been sitting on my desk for ages while I’ve been looking for the doors that I put somewhere safe about two months ago.   Still haven’t found them so I’ve had to start scratchbuilding.

Spanish Church

Mike
    Mike
    Keymaster

ooooh that window is pukka, MDF insert?
    Poop skills on the doors  🙁

Derek H
    Derek H
    Participant

The front wall of the church is made up of several layers.  The window is cut into two of them.  It’s very well done indeed and a fine example of what can be done with a laser cutter.

Colin Farrant of Charlie Foxtrot is doing some very interesting things with his buildings.  He designs them in a way that makes them a bit more 3D and a bit less less boxy than many other manufacturers and he uses laser cut mdf and resin castings  in a way that maximises the advantages of the different materials.  https://www.charliefoxtrotmodels.com/collections/

I’m a big fan.  Here’s some I did earlier.

OB
    Participant

I’m slowly completing Austrians and Prussians for the SYW using Blue Moon and OG 15s.  These are the Von Brandenburg regiment.  Blue Moon with a Kronoscaf flag.

prussians

OB
    http://withob.blogspot.co.uk/

Matthew Hipkin
    Participant

Currently working on some 15mm 2000AD style (not) Judges.

Cameronian
    Cameronian
    Participant

Two project enders;

a 1/144 Stuka for DAK and

a couple of 1/72 Greek catapults for Macedonians

'The time has come, the walrus said...'

Angel Barracks
    Angel Barracks

After a month or more of half arsed attempts to do stuff, I finally managed to finish the undead.
    Again just a quick paintjob in order to get them on the table!

OB
    Participant

More Boxer Rebellion stuff for me.  OG 15mm British Sailors.

Boxer

OB

irishserb
    irishserb
    Participant

Oh cool.  Always thought the Boxer rebellion was the most interesting colonial conflict for the table top.

My table is covered with Star Trek ships, GZG space fighters, and bits for my post apocalyptic mesa top apartment (just can’t seem to get the bits done).  Hopefully pics this weekend of something.

Not Connard Sage
    Not Connard Sage
    Participant

Zeus

"I go online sometimes, but everyone's spelling is really bad. It's... depressing."

OB
    Participant

<p style=”text-align: left;”>Certainly lots of variety with the Boxers.</p>

<p style=”text-align: center;”>Boxers</p>

• This reply was modified 1 year, 5 months ago by  OB.

OB

Thomas Moore
    Thomas Moore
    Participant

I’ve been painting Calpe Prussians for a couple of years now. Finally on the last three battalions. Total figure count just under 1000. There was a few breaks for other projects such as Vimy Ridge.

Calpe Prussian 7th Line Regiment

Calpe Prussian 7th Line Regiment

Private Snafu
    Private Snafu
    Participant

I have those same skeletons along with a mess from Splintered Light and Khurasan all based up individually.  I’m completely stuck at painting the bones having tested painted a group a number of different ways with browns, blacks, whites, and various drybrushing and washing schemes.

Please tell us how you did yours, as detailed as you can.

STH

Angel Barracks
    Angel Barracks

So, spray undercoated in white not my usual brown.

Base coat of Coat d’Arms pale sand #522 all over.
    Then an ink wash of Coat d’Arms Super Wash dark brown #177 all over.
    Then drybrush the pale sand all over again as the ink wash settles on the raised areas too.
    Then add a bit of flesh or linin or ivory to the pale sand and dry brush the raised areas. (don’t add white, in fact don’t use white ever)
    Then a careful inkwash of black in the ribs, eyes, toes and hands.
    Then a final highlight painted onto the skulls.

If they were just bones and there were no weapons and armour I reckon it is a 15 minute job to do 10 or so.
    Just the weapons and what not slow it down…

Private Snafu
    Private Snafu
    Participant

Perfect thank you.  I messed around with all manner of things. White primer, black primer. Reaper bone triads, GW washes, all kinds of things and couldn’t get the look I wanted.  Yours is nice, consider it stolen.

Whirlwind
    Whirlwind
    Participant

Currently Baccus 6mm Medieval Arabs and Space Hulk Genestealers on my painting tray:

More details here: http://hereticalgaming.blogspot.com/2017/07/update-20th-july-2017-pastures-new.html

https://hereticalgaming.blogspot.co.uk/

Howard Whitehouse
    Howard Whitehouse
    Participant

Shiny 42mms from Irregular and Spencer Smith, and conversions from someone’s semi-flat homecasts from 1956.

I do all my own stunts.

willz
    willz
    Participant

An excellent post Howard, thanks for sharing.

willz
    willz
    Participant

Finished these the other week, Hinchcliffe officer and Tradition under officer of the Erbprinz regiment.

Dragoon drummer, Elite miniature with head swap on a Willie figure horse.

Elite Miniatures French artillery firing captured British cannon.

Viewing 40 posts - 161 through 200 (of 274 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.