Home Forums General General What's on your painting desk/table/corner

Tagged: 

This topic contains 288 replies, has 83 voices, and was last updated by Beardgoblin Beardgoblin 2 months, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 281 through 289 (of 289 total)
  • Author
    Mike
    Mike
    Keymaster

oooh nice

Rhys Humphrey
    Rhys Humphrey
    Participant

I am just painting up my 20mm Villista army for the Mexican Revolution. All miniatures are from the excellent Shellhole Scenics.

http://thegreatspaceopera.wordpress.com/

Jim Jackaman
    Jim Jackaman
    Participant

Love that range…a bit quirky but great all the same. I’m interested to see how they turn out!

Kitfox
    Kitfox
    Participant

Mordheim ogre!

Death to all fanatics!

Jim Jackaman
    Jim Jackaman
    Participant

More of these little ironclads:

Rhys Humphrey
    Rhys Humphrey
    Participant

Love that range…a bit quirky but great all the same. I’m interested to see how they turn out!

It is on the quirky side but I am really enjoying pinting them up. I have had the Federales done for a while.

On a use Trenchammer rules from Nordic Weasel Gamescwith slight adaptation.

http://thegreatspaceopera.wordpress.com/

Beardgoblin
    Beardgoblin
    Participant

A mess, as usual!

Bunch of Ral-Partha, Xyston, Essex, Museum Mini’s and Minifigs 15’s, some Reaper Bones and WoTC D&D bendies, some Das Schwarze Auge 28’s, a chunk of Ral-Partha Resin, Black Cat Mini’s swarms, some cheap bendy plastic prehistoric creatures and even a Cthulhu Wars boardgame piece I picked up on E-bay for cheap.

All from a defunct 15mm fantasy project of ages past, and/or the “oh that’s cheap and shiney!” pile, now repurposed for Burning Sands.

Keeping me busy whilst I wait for my Croms Anvil stuff 🙂

Mike
    Mike
    Keymaster

Swarms eh, just written rules for them in the Chroniclers Companion!

😀

Beardgoblin
    Beardgoblin
    Participant

Swarms eh, just written rules for them in the Chroniclers Companion! 😀

Oh, cool!

I had been planning to improvise, something like:

within x cm of swarm token (I assume swarms are much bigger and ‘cloudier’ than the static mini portrays) -2 on all rolls (inc vs swarm).

within x cm of aggressive swarm automatically on receiving end of a full vit (assume 2) attack from the swarm – succesful defense does not give damage to the swarm.

When attacking a swarm, damage >/= to its vit allows you to act on rest of+next turn without the penalty above, even if in ‘zone’.  Only specific damage – say fire – can actually reduce a swarms vit/kill it.

When moving, either random (full vit, even if attacking those in x cm) or towards nearest/largest/most creatures if aggressive.

I imagine something like the swarms of frogs and turtles I have are good just for -2 on move tasks whilst with x cm.

Based on my doubtless imperfect (I only read them Sunday for the first time, and have not even played yet!) comprehension of the rules.

Chroniclers Companion, eh?  Desire to know more intensifies!

• This reply was modified 2 months, 3 weeks ago by Beardgoblin Beardgoblin.
Viewing 9 posts - 281 through 289 (of 289 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.