Home Forums Terrain and Scenery Where can I fine foam boards?

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author

Hi, i’m having trouble finding those pink foam boards in hobby size n the UK. Anyone know where I can find some? Preferably around 12″ x 12″ x 1″, I only need it to test an idea and don’t have anywhere to store the excess wall insulation board.

Participant

The pink foam is insulation foam (at least here on the left side of the pond). Usually sold as 2′ wide by 8′ long sheets of various thicknesses. Get thee to the DIY store with a sharp OLFA knife. Buy a sheet (or many) and cut them to fit in your motorized conveyance. When home make more and more careful cuts.

Participant

I have some 10mm thick sheets of blue foam, about 2 feet square. If you think it will do the job I’m happy to cut one into quarters and post it to you if you PM me to let me know where to send it. I bought 30 odd sheets some years ago, and the supply will easily outlive me! As you say, the storage of the things is an issue…

One who puts on his armour should not boast like one who takes it off.
    Ahab, King of Israel; 1 Kings 20:11

@Geof I should have a sponsor account but find where to send PM.

Will try check out the local store tomorrow see if they have some off cut.

Keymaster

@Geof I should have a sponsor account but find where to send PM. Will try check out the local store tomorrow see if they have some off cut.

Home Page. Sponsors Menu.

🙂

Participant

Sorry just seen this. Wicks do small sheets, can’t remeber the size though. Usually only 50mm thick.

Keymaster

You got any Greg?

Participant

I have as it happens.

Keymaster

Oooh drop me a text / email at your convenience sir?

Keymaster

Who was it that sent me the blue foam sheets in the end?

Participant

‘Twas I.  If you were hoping for more, the last of it became the seating in the Roman theatre seen elsewhere!

Keymaster

Oh thanks. Actually I just took them all out of the box and noticed some figures taped to the inside. I did not say thanks for the figures before as I had not found them.

But now I have, so thanks again!

Participant

You are very welcome! You must have unpacked the box from the other end to which I packed it. One can only use so many Komodo dragons;  so I thought that, if he got a bigger stick, Erland may like a snack, and that your daughter may appreciate the fairy-folk more than sweaty barbarians.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.