Home Forums Sci Fi General Sci-Fi Which Aliens for Near Future Invasion Earth game?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    irishserb
    Participant

If you were going to do a contemporary or near future invasion of earth miniatures game in 28mm, which line of miniatures would you use for the invaders?

Gaz045
    Participant

I’ve got some Tau from GW, with some plans for ‘flyers’ like in Battle:LA and several ‘walker’ support weapons…….but these will be pitched against 20mm human forces………

Edit-also have a pile of GW genestealers and the like that could be used as ‘bio-weapons’ by the Tau ……..

• This reply was modified 5 years, 4 months ago by Gaz045.

"Even dry tree bark is not bitter to the hungry squirrel"

irishserb
    Participant

Oh cool.  Like the idea of using them with 20mm figs.  One of the things that I was considering are aliens that are more like in the 36-40mm range in height.  Not giants, but big enough that moving through human sized houses and whatnot could  be a problem tactically.  Could be bullish like the elephant-aliens in Footfall, or more slender like Battle Los Angeles.

Gaz045
    Participant

It’s a bit of a stop/start project! The invaders in Battle:LA used the rooftops and roads as they seemed to get killed when in any building! I plan to allow the Tau extra movement and ‘jumping’ ability be it from power armour or extra strength etc…….but they would be at a disadvantage inside buildings or close alleys etc…..their support weapons are clunky and slow but they will have flyers/skimmers……….still working on them!

The other ‘aliens’ I like are the mercenary thugs out of The Fifth Element……….lumbering and not too bright!

"Even dry tree bark is not bitter to the hungry squirrel"

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.