Home Forums Horse and Musket 18th Century Which are your favorite 18th century figures

Viewing 22 posts - 41 through 62 (of 62 total)
  • Author
    Graham Cummings
    Participant

Cracking job William, can’t wait to see a unit of them.

Arteis
    Participant

I particularly like Minden figures.  To me, they really capture the look and feel of the period.

Cheers

Roly

• This reply was modified 7 years ago by Arteis.

Visit my ‘Dressing The Lines’ blog: http://arteis.wordpress.com/

Graham Cummings
    Participant

Roly,

very nicely painted, shows the figures off to their best. You should try some of Richards latest sculpts for the French and British under my Crann Tara label 🙂

Graham

Mike Turner
    Participant

SYW – Front Rank, Minden, Foundry, Old Glory

FIW – Conquest, Old Glory

Mike

willz
    Participant

They are painted very nice Arties, I would buy Midden Miniature’s if they were available in the UK but HCRS makes the cost prohibitive to import them to the UK.  (Sorry not UK but ROUK ).

Though I believe Crann Tara has a limited range.  Good News.

willz
    Participant

Finished my first regiment of Crann Tara Miniatures, 24 figures Rohan Montbazon French infantry regiment 1740.

xrb

xrb1

xrb2

More photo’s on this site http://societyofgentlemengamers.org/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=9445

willz
    Participant

Bought some pre painted figures of Graham last week, that he bought at a B and B.

Before

x

After Officer and trumpeter

x

Also been working on some other Spencer Smiths, based on Swedish cavalry 1740

More pictures over on this web site http://www.societyofgentlemengamers.org/viewtopic.php?f=26&t=9459

willz
    Participant

Finished the Le Marck Germans in French service, mainly RSM figures, with Warrior Miniature’s command, mounted officer Huzzar Miniatures, Old Glory sergeant.

xz

zzx

xzzq

http://societyofgentlemengamers.org/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=9487 More photo’s over on this web site

paintpig
    Participant

Minden are great and Front Rank are reliable figures.  Ebors WSS figures are quite lovely, Nic has a really good range, I’m impressed with the sculpting and his service. It is a pity that Dixons didn’t commit more heavily to their range of 7yw figures as I found them really quite nice to paint

Jacdaw Figures although large 30mm have a bit of character to them, but then I would say that as I have a stake in the range. Couple of Austrian line figures I splashed some paint on.

• This reply was modified 6 years, 9 months ago by paintpig.
    • This reply was modified 6 years, 9 months ago by paintpig.

I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel
    Slowly Over A Low Flame

paintpig
    Participant

I particularly like Minden figures. To me, they really capture the look and feel of the period. Cheers Roly

Always nice to see your collection Roly

I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel
    Slowly Over A Low Flame

willz
    Participant

Those Jackdaw figures have painted up really nice “Paintpig”, I wanted to buy some but who sells them in the UK?, like wise Midden figures would love to buy some of them but sadly only a limited selection are available in the UK.

Have you looked at Crann Tara figures they are designed to match Middens.

• This reply was modified 6 years, 9 months ago by willz.
    Graham Cummings
    Participant

William,

thanks for the plug. Jacdaw is now owned by the Left Bank Workshop in Australia although due to family commitments things appear to have stalled in terms of releases.

I now have all the Minden equipment in stock, slowly stocking up on Hanoverians and of course there’s my expanding French and British so we are making progress.

Graham

willz
    Participant

Cheers for that info Graham.  They are on he wish list to buy someday, still got 50 odd of your figures to finish, along with 120 Warrior Miniatures.

Cameronian
    Participant

William, are the Warrior figures from their ‘Jacobites’ range? I’ve got some samples on the way but I’d be interested in your opinion of them.

Cheers,

George

'The time has come" The walrus said. "To talk of many things: Of shoes--and ships--and sealing-wax--Of cabbages--and kings--And why the sea is boiling hot--And whether pigs have wings."

willz
    Participant

“George wrote” William, are the Warrior figures from their ‘Jacobites’ range? I’ve got some samples on the way but I’d be interested in your opinion of them.

Yes George the standard bearers and sergeants are Warrior miniature, I think they are excellent figures and the price is very competitive.  However be prepared to be disappointed with the muskets, they are not well cast and are very short with no bayonets.

It has taken me years to find the muskets I thought would go with the figures, Redoubt Enterprises here is the link below

http://www.redoubtenterprises.com/shop/?page=shop/flypage&product_id=4893&category_id=1cc1117531bd4cac3101d3feec9a4789

They do not have bayonet either but they are longer and look good.  When ordering from Redoubt, he is not fast at delivery and only post’s out once a week.

Graham at Crann Tara Miniatures is going to be selling musket weapon packs with bayonets in the new year, they would fit well with Warrior Miniatures.

I hope to post some photo’s soon of a regiment of Warrior Miniatures I will complete soon.

Willz

willz
    Participant

George here is a couple of Warrior Miniature figures I finished today.

The one on the left has a Redoubt Enterprise musket.

Cameronian
    Participant

William, thanks for the heads up on the Warriors.  Yours look good so I’ll likely go ahead with them and get a musket fix of some sort; plenty of time so Crann Tara sounds just the job.

Thanks again and may your brushes always be pointy! 

'The time has come" The walrus said. "To talk of many things: Of shoes--and ships--and sealing-wax--Of cabbages--and kings--And why the sea is boiling hot--And whether pigs have wings."

willz
    Participant

Volontaires Royal Tiberian.

Mainly Warrior Miniatures muskets from various manufacturers, with a Connoisseur mounted officer, Huzzar drummer and Irregular Officer and drummer.

x

x

x

Cameronian
    Participant

Yup, sold on the Warriors.

Have you got scouts out scouring the country for makers?  Black Hussar are a new one on me but they are very nice, could’ve been tempted to get the lot from them.  No cavalry or artillery though, pity.

willz
    Participant

It’s not a Black Hussar figure, but a Huzzar miniature sold by fighting 15’s George.

Have you bought the book A military Gentleman by John Ray, I am getting it for Christmas.  It’s not cheep but my wife and Granddaughter tell me it’s excellent.

Willz

Cameronian
    Participant

Oops, found them! They are nice – Fighting 30’s nice prices too.  The mounted officer is a beauty especially with the variations in uniform.

Nope, don’t know that one.  Now that I’ve seen it, I wish I hadn’t.

BTW and FYI, got a photo back from Irregular:

willz
    Participant

Those fighting 15’s Huzzar miniatures are beautifully cast, however they are about 3mm shorter than the Warrior figures.  The mounted officer fits in well with a range of figures.

Here is a link with some size comparisons for you George.

http://societyofgentlemengamers.org/viewtopic.php?f=26&t=9380

Buy the book George, drop big hints to family that’s what I did and I bought my wife a brilliant Christmas perzzy.

Willz

Viewing 22 posts - 41 through 62 (of 62 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.