Home Forums Horse and Musket 18th Century "Whites of their eyes" rules

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    OldNick
    Participant

“the regular troops, who had the keen edge of sensibility rubbed off by strict discipline and hard service, saw the confusion with but little emotion.” 

Patrice
    Participant

Um, did you forget to write something?

Oh yes, you are waiting till you can see the white of their eyes.

http://www.argad-bzh.fr/argad/en.html
    https://www.anargader.net/

Mike
    Keymaster

Seems the message was in the TAG field…

He is looking for a copy.

OldNick
    Participant

Patrice

Wish I could say something witty snd funny but truth be told I was just  brain dead. I should have posted that I was looking for a copy of The whites of their eyes rules by Steve Haller.  These came out in the 1970’s and were published by The Courier  (first edition Courier not the glossy second edition which was reestablished in the 1980’s).  Steve Haller was the original editor for their american revolution theme.

“the regular troops, who had the keen edge of sensibility rubbed off by strict discipline and hard service, saw the confusion with but little emotion.” 

Peeler
    Participant

“Don’t shoot till you see the whites of their eyes boys!”

“But Sir, they’re wearing sunglasses.”

greenknight4
    Participant

They weren’t really very good esp. by today’s standards but I enjoyed Steve’s columns on the AWI in the original Courier magazine and I owe a love of the period to him.  he came out with an interesting campaign idea that was printed as well in the new Courier.

Author of Day of Battle, I game in 25mm and 40mm scales. Also enjoy Horse and Musket and WWII Western Front Games.

OldNick
    Participant

Ok!  Finally tracked down a set of the rules and the author.  As the Green Knight said the author wrote a nice series about AWI gaming in the old original edition of the courier back in the 1970’s.  They helped to create a life long interest in and fascination about the AWI and evan a career of 30 years with the NPS.  So thank you go those who helped with this!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.