Home Forums WWII Who makes female Soviet soldiers in 15mm?

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Through the mysterious workings of You Tube they suggested I might want to watch The Dawns Here Are Quiet, which to be honest I am completely loving.  Thank you You Tube. 🙂

It’s about an female AA  unit well behind the Soviet lines near Leningrad who discover a unit of German paratroopers have landed nearby on a sabotage mission and the AA unit has to try to stop them.  And being me I want to play this out on the table top.

The question is, who does suitable figures?  They wear boots, skirts, tunics and forage caps mostly, though helmets would be acceptable.  They all seem to be rifle armed.

Converting male figures shouldn’t be too hard, but I thought I’d check first in case these are already available somewhere.   All suggestions appreciated. 🙂

Participant

No idea, but I like this idea !!

Participant

Not perhaps exactly what you’re looking for, but check out Peter Pig’s WW2 figures, they do female Soviet snipers and female French Resistance:

http://www.peterpig.co.uk/page8.html

Their WW1 range might be worth a look too.

Participant

The female snipers have definite potential, I’d need to remove the telescopic sights and file the trousers down so I can add skirts, but they should do nicely.  I can convert some of the male figures too, to give me more variety in poses.

Thank you very much. 🙂

Participant

Bad Squiddo do some very nice 28mm scale Soviet female troops

http://badsquiddogames.com/shop#!/WW2/c/20887953/offset=0&sort=addedTimeDesc

Can’t think of a 15mm equivalent I’m afraid.

There are 100 types of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who can work from incomplete data

Participant

Bad Squiddo do some very nice 28mm scale Soviet female troops http://badsquiddogames.com/shop#!/WW2/c/20887953/offset=0&sort=addedTimeDesc Can’t think of a 15mm equivalent I’m afraid.

Thanks for the suggestion anyway, but 15mm it has to be. 🙂

Participant

The Plastic Soldier Company set includes one female pose but not the most efficient way to get the quantity you probably need unless you can scrounge some.

Participant

The Plastic Soldier Company set includes one female pose but not the most efficient way to get the quantity you probably need unless you can scrounge some.

Exactly the uniform I’m looking for, but no rifle so I’d still have to convert.  Thanks for pointing her out, if I get a set of these for standard Russian forces she’ll be joining my special unit. 🙂

Participant

I put an order in today for the female snipers from Peter Pig, along with some scouts with riles and some Germans with SMGs so I can give some of the women captured machine guns.  Also the German paras to oppose them.  Now I just have to hope I can convert and paint them to my satisfaction. 🙂

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.