Home Forums General General Why is it that I can randomly post and not post?

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Evyn MacDude
    Participant

I keep getting told I am not logged in when using boards like the SF forum. I can’t post to it, but I can reply to some of the messages. Anybody else have this problem?

Evyn

Mike
    Keymaster

It seems to affect some people every now and then.
    Alas I can find no pattern and I can’t re-create the issues myself on any browsers.

However those that have had the problem have reported that going to the home page and logging out, waiting a few moments and then logging back in will solve it.

Sorry I can’t be more help, but unless I can figure out what is causing it I can’t fix it.

🙁

Luddite
    Participant

Try refreshing. I often have to do this on here after changing page to convince it I am actually logged in.

Truscott Trotter
    Participant

Yes I have that problem about 50% of the time – might try the refreshing trick as logging out and back in does not always work either 🙁
    Oh and the bit I really do not understand is why it only effects some boards and not others at the same time?

Mike
    Keymaster

50%?? Yikes. What platform and browser do you use?

repiqueone
    Participant

Could this be some off-shoot of the Shrodinger’s Cat paradox?

grizzlymc
    Participant

Try refreshing. I often have to do this on here after changing page to convince it I am actually logged in.

I agree, solving every computer problem starts with a glass of wine

Luddite
    Participant

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Wg Cdr Luddite wrote:</div>

Glass ? Wine ? Surely you meant Pint and Real Ale ?

Ivan Sorensen
    Participant

I get it occasionally but not that frequently (Linux, Kubuntu 14.10, Chrome and Firefox). I do find it gets worse if I’ve switched browsers or visited on my phone so maybe it’s something tied to how it remembers your last visit?

Nordic Weasel Games
    https://www.wargamevault.com/browse/pub/5701/Nordic-Weasel-Games?src=browse5701

grizzlymc
    Participant

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>grizzlymc wrote:</div>

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Wg Cdr Luddite wrote:</div> Try refreshing. I often have to do this on here after changing page to convince it I am actually logged in.

Glass ? Wine ? Surely you meant Pint and Real Ale ?

Sadly, since getting diabetes, Real Ale is a luxury I can’t afford.

Sorry about the glass bit, I sometimes work with Americans, truth is a few pints of red can solve any computr problem.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.