Home Forums Air and Sea Air Wings of Glory: WW1 Dogfighting Game on YouTube

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Cole
    Participant

Hi all!

This is my first post on this forum. It looks to be a really cool place for those like myself who are interested in wargames! 

To start things off, I’d like to share one of my favorite wargames with you: Wings of Glory. I’ve been a member of their online community for 2 years now and have really enjoyed the experience. Recently, I decided to start posting play-throughs of the game on my YouTube channel. These videos are designed to be short (for game play-throughs that is) and informative. Hopefully they will get some people interested enough to give the game a try.

I made the first video a few days ago. I’ll continue to make them intermittently, as I have time:

In closing, I’d like to ask you ladies and gentlemen what some of your favorite wargames are. I’m constantly on the hunt for new games, as my younger brother and I play them a lot – especially now that the weather is turning colder! 

Thanks!

– HotleadColdfeet (Cole)

• This topic was modified 3 years, 11 months ago by Cole.
    • This topic was modified 3 years, 11 months ago by Cole.
    Mike
    Keymaster

Thanks for joining!

I think rather than have this fine topic derail into a million various tangents about who likes what, and end up losing focus on the theme, maybe a new topic in general about what peoples favourite games are would be best?

I will take a look at the video tomorrow, always like a nice video, much less effort on my part involved.

🙂

Abwehrschlacht
    Participant

Good video and Wings of Glory is one of my favourite games. I love its simplicity and the models. We usually play with up to three planes controlled by one person, that way games get very intense!

As for other games, I’ll keep in the WW1 theme and recommend Plastic Soldier Company’s ‘The Great War’ and ‘Quartermaster General: 1914’. If you have plenty of minis then we always find Peter Pig’s ‘Square Bashing’ a great game as well. It could actually be played without minis and using cardboard tokens as it’s almost a board game anyway.

Keep up the Wings of Glory gaming though!

Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCNUYwNznn-ZuNMoHoF3urwQ

Blog: http://www.stormofsteelwargaming.com

Rod Robertson
    Participant

Cole (and Greyson):

Well done! A great video and a good game. Your worthy opponent and you struck dashing looks with the uniforms. My only question is, what was the curious crablike totem which the Furious Flee used to voodoo your Albatross into such disadvantage? By the number of damage cards you had to draw compared to the Flea, it seems he and his totem got the better of you! Thanks for sharing this video and I hope to see many more. Tally Ho!

Cheers and good gaming.

Rod Robertson.

Mike
    Keymaster

That was super cool, very slick and entertaining, good skills.

Albatros against SPAD? There was only one likely outcome.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.