Home Forums Modern Wombat and Landrover conversion

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Alan Hamilton
    Participant

Our oldest grandson saw a photo of me in my early days in the army. I was posed with my team after winning a shooting competition. This led to a discussion about what else I had fired. You should have seen the faces of the wee ones when I said that I had fired Wombats at tanks. They thought I was loading furry animals into my guns and firing them.

So I showed them a photo of the 120mm Wombat and Landrover. Then I went to the stash and found a JB 3/4 ton Landrover and with some scrap sprue and bits from the bits box last night I made one. I made the gun using trailer wheels but once made found that I had not measured correctly and it did not fit so I made a “plug in” gun too. I have other trailers for ammo just in case. Oddly the photo implies the gun barrels are different diameters but they are actually the same.

GeoffQRF
    Participant

Nice job.

If you need a few for him, we sell a Land Rover with Wombat (120, not furry) in 15mm, as well as the BAT L1 and MOBAT (in support weapons)

http://totalsystemscenic.com/product-category/qrf/qrf-qrf-1900-onwards-postwar-1945/qrf-qrf-1900-onwards-postwar-1945-british/qrf-qrf-1900-onwards-postwar-1945-1990-british-british-anti-tank/

QRF Models Limited
    www.quickreactionforce.co.uk

Alan Hamilton
    Participant

Geoff, thanks.  We use 1/76 models sometimes 1/72.  I saw your models when I did a search and was interested.  I went to the website and was not sure what size the models were as I could not see a mention of size or scale on the pages I looked at though the price did indicate smaller than 1/76.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.