Home Forums WWII WW II Scenario Book

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Andrew Rolph 1 year, 6 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Andrew Rolph
    Participant

All

I have written a book of scenarios set in the Soviet Union between 1941 and 1943. Some of you may be interested. It is available from Wargame Vault as a PDF download at the dizzying price of $4.99. It’s 105 pages of A4 with 19 illustrations and contains 15 scenarios for games with about a regiment or a brigade on each side.

http://www.wargamevault.com/product/228504/Grey-Steel-Red-Storm–Regimental-Scenarios-in-the-Soviet-Union-19411943?term=grey+steel%2C+red+storm&test_epoch=0

At the moment I am struggling to make a POD version available but that’s unlikely to appear until the New Year. If it were to appear this is what it would say on the back…

“Grey Steel, Red Storm is a book of scenarios for wargamers covering World War Two in the Soviet Union between June 1941 and June 1943 in which a stand represents a platoon and each player will field around a regiment or brigade of troops. They are adaptable to a number of sets of rules currently available such as ‘Blitzkrieg Commander’, ‘Command Decision: TOB’, ‘A Fistful of Tows’, ‘Rapid fire’ and others including those which wargamers may have written themselves.

Part One gives a brief overview of the war in the Soviet Union and provides background information common to all the scenarios. This includes a terrain key for the table layouts as well as assumptions about ground scale, timescale, base sizes etc and some suggestions for additional optional rules. This background information is provided to assist players in adapting the scenarios to their preferred rules.

Part Two of the book presents fifteen scenarios in a consistent form with an historical background to the scenario and German and Soviet briefings. The briefings cover the mission; the table layout; Orders of Battle; victory conditions; design notes and historical notes. Finally there are some very brief notes on further adapting the scenarios to other eras and/or locations.

Eleven of the scenarios have appeared in earlier, truncated form in Miniature Wargames with Battlegames or The Journal of the Society of Twentieth Century Wargamers. All have since been amended and some changed substantially (new table layouts and/or new Orders of Battle). Four scenarios are entirely new and have never appeared in print elsewhere.”

Cheers

Andrew

Les Hammond
    Participant

That sounds like good value, I’m afraid it’s not my period, though 🙁

You might find that 90% of your sales is for the pdf version anyway and as nice as it would be to see it in actual book form, the aggro producing it to satisfy the demands of the POD industry might not be justifiable.

6mm France 1940

http://les1940.blogspot.co.uk/
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/386297688467965/

MartinR
    MartinR
    Participant

Great, thanks Andrew. I’ve bought one already!

"Mistakes in the initial deployment cannot be rectified" - Helmuth von Moltke

Andrew Rolph
    Participant

You might find that 90% of your sales is for the pdf version anyway and as nice as it would be to see it in actual book form, the aggro producing it to satisfy the demands of the POD industry might not be justifiable.

Les

Pretty sure you’re correct, but there remain those who like a nice physical book so I’d like to give it a go (it’s become a bit of a personal challenge). Also my Mum doesn’t understand PDFs and won’t believe I’ve written anything unless I can actually put a book on her bookshelf! Obviously she’s no interest in reading it…

Cheers

Andrew

Andrew Rolph
    Participant

Les Pretty sure you’re correct, but there remain those who like a nice physical book so I’d like to give it a go (it’s become a bit of a personal challenge). Also my Mum doesn’t understand PDFs and won’t believe I’ve written anything unless I can actually put a book on her bookshelf! Obviously she’s no interest in reading it… Cheers Andrew

Andrew Rolph
    Participant

Great, thanks Andrew. I’ve bought one already!

Thanks Martin.

Hope you enjoy it.

Cheers

Andrew

PS I seem to have made a mess of replying to Les and to have created an echo. Apologies to all

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.