Home Forums Modern WW1 in 15mm

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Trebian
    Participant

I see the BF are releasing loads of WW1 packs at the moment. As far as I can see they’re more expensive and poorer quality than the Peter Pig equivalents.

Why do people buy this stuff? It’s not like it needs to be compatible with their existing WW2 FOW armies.

It also irritates me that sales are going to a company jumping on a bandwagon, rather than a firm that has been supporting Great War wargamers for years now.

Of course I could just be grumpy because it’s a bank holiday, it’s throwing it down out there and there’s no prospect of any play in the cricket.

Trebian

kyoteblue
    Participant

Shrug, Battlefront does stuff cause the Staff there think it’s cool….and they did 1918 for the BIG SEXY TANKS…cause thats cool. Never mind that it’s the 100th anniversary of 1914 and the start of the Great War.

I will state up front that I do not like the Peter Pig sculpts as I dislike the Jay Leno jaws and open mouths.

I am doing 15m WW1 with QRF and Minifigs and when they become available TSS.

I have started a topic about it on the WW1 board called ” Home before the leaves fall”.

I’m using modified FOW rules to play out the actions.

Your welcome to join in .

Ivan Sorensen
    Participant

Everyone like a certain kind of figures. I haven’t seen the WW1 Battlefront stuff but I’ve bought plenty of their WW2 figures and like them okay. I do like the Peter Pig stuff and most of the WW1 stuff I own (which was bought for RCW) is theirs.

Nordic Weasel Games
    https://www.wargamevault.com/browse/pub/5701/Nordic-Weasel-Games?src=browse5701

GeoffQRF
    Participant

I am doing 15m WW1 with QRF and Minifigs and when they become available TSS.

We are in the process of transferring the QRF range to TSS, so you will find the new TSS range is a combination of some of the old QRF stuff (mainly vehicles) with a lot of new additions.

QRF Models Limited
    www.quickreactionforce.co.uk

kyoteblue
    Participant

I’m looking forward to buying some Geoff and maybe some modern 15mm as well…

John D Salt
    Participant

The idea of WW1 games with 15mm brings back happy memories of our school club, back in 1978, before most people had heard of 15mm, doing Nun’s Wood with Peter Laing figures and homebrew rules.

All the best,

John.

kyoteblue
    Participant

I had some of the Airfix WW1 figures back in the late 60’s no rules ┬ájust marbles rolled on the floor.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.