Home Forums WWI WW1 Naval Campaign – War is Declared !

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Ken
    Participant

https://yarkshiregamer.blogspot.com/2019/04/ww1-naval-campaign-war-is-declared.html

Evening fellow Naval Gamers (all 3 of you),

Every Easter is Naval Campaign time at Yarkshire Gamer and this year the old Jutland Collection gets another run out with a few new models.

The Campaign has both a Tactical Tabletop element and an Abstract Political element which affects ship deployments etc.

So with my own TV channel (Yarkshire TV) I continue my rise to global media tycoon with the launch of my own Newspaper T’Yarkshire Ferret. The Ferret will bring you the big stories of the Campaign whilst the blog will bring you the in depth battle reports.

Pop down to Yarkshire Gamer blog for a full AAR of game one and get a Ferret in your Letter Box !

Regards Ken

The Yarkshire Gamer

Http://yarkshiregamer.blogspot.co.uk

kyotebluekyoteblue
    Participant

Very cool, love DD TB actions!!

McKinstry
    Participant

Excellent all around. I look forward to the next Ferret.

Where did you get those nifty turn gauges? I’ve not seen them for GQ before.

Never wrestle with a pig. You both get muddy and the pig just likes it.

ThomastonThomaston
    Participant

Really like this. Love small ship action.

Tired is enough.

Jim JackamanJim Jackaman
    Participant

Excellent!

Looking forward to more already

Ken
    Participant

Thanks guys.

McKinstry,  the rules aren’t GQ, they are my own, the Campaign is from GQ but could be used for any set of rules We had the custom turn markers and speed rules made specially by Warbases for the Jutland game.

Regards Ken

The Yarkshire Gamer

Http://yarkshiregamer.blogspot.co.uk

MattHMattH
    Participant

Good stuff Ken. When it comes to WW1 in the North Sea most people immediately think of  the big gun capital ships at Dogger Bank and Jutland, so it’s nice to see the DDs getting some action. I used to play a lot of the computer game Jutland, and in all my campaigns 90% of the actions were small minelaying ops much like this one. I wish I had the space to do 20th century naval games in 1/2400, but for the moment I’m limited to 1/6000.

One thing though – you can’t download GQ products from Wargame Vault, as far as I’m aware you can only get them direct from ODGW.

Darkest Star GamesDarkest Star Games
    Participant

Great looking game.  I too love the small actions like this.  That collision was pretty crazy, I bet someone got smacked on the head with a captains hat!

"I saw this in a cartoon once, but I'm pretty sure I can do it..."

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.