Home Forums General General Yall are way to quiet.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 80 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Yall didn’t die on me did ya ???

Participant

Was busy playing video games today (since the Destiny expansion hit) and putting up some small updates to Company Commander.

Almost ready to announce the next “big thing” 🙂

Participant

I don’t know, how can I tell?

Participant

If ya post you must be alive….Zombies can’t type….

Participant

Still here! Just busy with the real world….

Participant

I’m driving myself mad trying to get good lazy shading on figures that are predominantly white. I have some Austrian Cuirassiers from Hat (1/72) that I am having a dabble with. I also have a Pendraken 10mm Austrian army waiting in the wings for painting – so I need to get this right.

Last night, after painting, I sealed with 50/50 Future Klear (don’t like that smell), then put a GW wash (diluted with straight flow improver) on and left to dry overnight.

This morning, they don’t look as dirty or damaged as previous attempts, so I will highlight the belt in white and do a very light dry brush in white over the uniform and see where that gets me.

Participant

It’s rained off and on for the last two weeks, and we have more rain forecast for the next week..It’s been too humid to prime any thing..no one writing AAR’s…I’m bummed.

Participant

Kyoteblue:

Too busy with work and the real world.

Cheers and good gaming.

Rod Robertson.

Participant

Everybody’s got me on ignore, so I’ve given up posting

Obvious contrarian and passive aggressive old prat, who is taken far too seriously by some and not seriously enough by others.

Participant

Did somebody say something?

Participant

Sick for last two days, also in the middle of writing up three AARs and halfway playing another game. And some games have arrived in the post (Victory over Europe and the UpFront Wargame Vault redux), and I am attempting to read about 6 autobiographies on WW2 company commanders (2 1/2 done) before finalising my company level solo rules.   And attempting to do this in between real life events. *Way* to busy to actually get around to posting to replying to anything.

Participant

Yall didn’t die on me did ya ???

"Ventosa viri restabit." ~ Harry Field

Keymaster

I hearby declare this the

What I am working on right now

topic.

Participant

I hearby declare this the What I am working on right now topic.

Writing new blog article. Painting 15mm royalist militia and British artillery for the Haitian Revolution project. Preparing a house move & trying not to panic.

Participant

Mike,

Is that a bad thing 🙂  If nothing else a gamer is always going to talk about what they are doing now, or going to do, or want to do 🙂  Or at least the one that frequent blogs and forums anyway!

Participant

Busy marrying off our oldest, now trying to recover…

http://jozistinman.blogspot.com/

Participant

I’ve been doing some gaming: 2 games play-testing my mates modern platoon lvl game, Trafalgar, and Richard III – a great game that went down to a final battle for London in the very last turn. Plus loads of painting, 6mm Eldar, 6mm City walls/gates, 6mm Medieval buildings, 10mm Fellowship of the Ring some of which is the subject of my next blog post, when I finally get those last two Eldar tanks done, and doing what I can in my garden to help my crop of fruit and veg on its way!

My attempt at a Blog: http://ablogofwar.blogspot.co.uk/

Participant

THIS WEEK, I HAVE BEEN MOSTLY WORKIN’ ON… 3MM SCALE SPACE MARINES!

😉

And a comic book with airplanes and pulp action out the wazoo.

Participant

Should have an AAR up next week once I’ve played a game again.Other than that, terrain and setting building and playing Cities: Skylines a whole lot plus replaying Deus Ex doesn’t really do much for conversation pieces. I really should finish replaying X-Wing: Alliance though… just please let there not be another mission in the Y-Wing. Seriously, how are you expected to see out of this thing? How did I manage it a decade ago on a far smaller screen?

Participant

Ouch, in the Mailbox? That’s gotta sting.

Participant

Honestly haven’t been active for nothing. Working overtime seven days a week for the past four months has killed me. It finally wrapped up last week and I sat down and got some work done on my Flintloque flying wraith cavalry. Since I have days off I plan to get back on the ball. Course this weekend I’m playing the Avalon Hill 1967 classic game Jutland for the first time. Had the game for a number of years but just never pulled it out as I’m not that big on naval wargames.

Participant

Tim said:              “Well… I just got stung by a wasp in my mailbox.”

Trust Tim to be on the edge of modern tech communication …I’ve only heard about the new “B-Mail” <groan>

Well if anyone’s really interested I’ve been actually working hard for a change and getting outdoors with my lovely little family…its great to have summer weather at last

“The great Gaels of Ireland are the men that God made mad,
    For all their wars are merry, and all their songs are sad.”

Participant

@Spurious

The image brought back so many memories…

I bought a PS4 recently and I’d love to have a new version of X-Wing…I might ask on a thread in the appropriate place here

Participant

War Panda – you should get something we can play together online. Destiny, Diablo, Borderlands.. something.

Participant

“War Panda – you should get something we can play together online.”

Excellent idea! I’ve no idea of new games at all but I like the sound of Destiny! I’ll have to check out some titles…any recommendations? I remember playing an old PC game that consisted of trading commodities in various galaxies…the game play was a real let down but I just loved the idea of upgrading your weapons /craft and so forth…Remember I haven’t played a console/PC game in years and years so I’ll be as helpful as dragging around a pet monkey…

On second thoughts the monkey would probably be a lot more helpful 🙂

Participant

Look up “No Mans Sky”, though it’s not out until end of this year. It looks amazing though.

Destiny is straight up shooting action but it’s great fun co-operatively.

Do you like RPG’s?

Also, my PSN name is rune_quester feel free to add me to your friends list.

Participant

And here I am hoping for an AAR not a video game…

Participant

Look up “No Mans Sky”, though it’s not out until end of this year…

Wildo..I’m meant to be working right now so won’t be till tonight if I remember by then 🙂

Do you like RPG’s?

Yes I do…I’m actually going to be playing a little minis “real” D&D later this summer 🙂

Also, my PSN name is rune_quester feel free to add me to your friends list.

Sounds goodIvan …

Participant

For some PS4 RPG’s, I really enjoyed Dragon Age Inquisition and it’s got a good 100 hours in it.
    Witcher 3 just came out and is apparently great.
    Bloodborne is really good but very very hard.

Participant

Dragon Age Inquisition

Yep another one I’d like to try

Well I think that’ll rule me out then 🙂

Participant

<b>Bah Humbug !!</b>

Participant

Look up “No Mans Sky”, though it’s not out until end of this year…

Wow, wow, WOW

http://www.no-mans-sky.com/about/

Participant

Damn it.

Participant

Heard about this one?

Participant

No, but I’m keen on anything new for my Vita 🙂 Usually it’s my JRPG machine.

Participant

Space exploration seems to be all the rage right now…

http://www.onlysp.com/new-adr1ft-details-screenshots/

Participant

Elite: Dangerous came out earlier this year for another space wandering game. I remember the whole ‘Elite 5 is still in the works’ things back when Duke Nukem Forever was still only on it’s second engine…

Participant

Dragon Age Inquisition

Yep another one I’d like to try

Well I think that’ll rule me out then :)

I was a bit harsh on DA inquisition when it came out, but then I played origin again and reminded myself of the limited nature of the original game. I guess being a Eldar Scrolls and Fallout fanboy I have pretty high expectations. Hopefully the new Witcher will help fill in the void while I wait for new Eldar Scrolls and Fallout editions to fall from the heavens.

DA Inquisition is quite a reasonable game, it is a good attempt at making DA open world though at times a bit too channeled, still it is  a vast improvement on the last attempt which I couldn’t play for more than an hour, a very poor follow up to Origins. You can now properly interact with your party again, I always enjoyed stopping and have a natter with the crew in Origins and was one of it’s great strengths. Give Inquisition a go if your into open world fantasy RPG’s.

I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel
    Slowly Over A Low Flame

Participant

And here I am hoping for an AAR not a video game…

Stop your whining John

Here read this and then do one for yourself http://paintpigdave.blogspot.com.au/2015/05/more-dak-ages-fun-hate-play-love-my-5.html

I’ll be checking so make sure you do it properly

I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel
    Slowly Over A Low Flame

Participant

I loved Inquisition though the parts I enjoyed most was the characters. The open world thing wasn’t as important to me, though I found I liked it better than Skyrim (heresy, I know!)

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 80 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.