Home Forums General Conventions and Shows Yarkshire Gamer Talks Big Gaming in the USA

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Participant

This episode of the Yarkshire Gamer Podcast goes “Ey Up and away” to the USA where I speak with my guest Martyn Kelly. He returned to the hobby a few years ago after a long break and he is definitely making up for it.

I talk to Martyn about his own hobby history and where he sees himself on the Venn Diagram of Wargaming, we have a general chat on Big Gaming in general before moving onto the features section where we do the Quiz, Wargames Room 101 and Desert Island Wargame.

Then its onto the Big Topic, Big Gaming in the USA. We chat about how Conventions work in the US and what a paying customer gets for their bucks before moving onto the games themselves.

Martyn has put on some absolute belters at the shows over the years and we discuss in depth the hard work and processes that go into putting on a game for a group of strangers at a US show. Really enjoyed this episode, after a 6 week break its good to be back on the air.

The Podcast is available from all major Podcast hosts or you can listen via the link below

https://kenrtai.podbean.com/e/episode-39-martyn-kelly-big-gaming-in-the-usa/

Or through my blog which also has a link to the Podcast

https://yarkshiregamer.blogspot.com/2023/03/yarkshire-gamer-podcast-39-martyn-kelly.html

If you enjoy it, please consider giving it a like, comment or subscribe, its all free, I don’t make money from the Podcast, its just nice to get it out to more people.

Regards Ken

The Yarkshire Gamer

Http://yarkshiregamer.blogspot.co.uk

Participant

Links work but there appears to be some missing images/objs?

"I saw this in a cartoon once, but I'm pretty sure I can do it..."

Participant

Cheers, no idea what has happened here, the images where there when I uploaded the post ?

Admin can you have a look ?

Keymaster

Hi.

Sorry only just found this, errm.
    Not sure, they are showing as nothing, no links or uploads to TWW?

They are/were images?
    Uploaded or hotlinked?

Participant

Hi,

There were images when I uploaded the post. I transfered the text in as usual and then put the pictures in by using the picture icon, which brings up the box to put the source of the image. I paste that in, usually it’s from my blog.

Press enter and this program turns the text into the image. It’s the same way I’ve done it for years without a problem 👍

Regards Ken

Keymaster

Odd, no idea sorry.
    Care to try one again?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.