Home Forums WWII Zvezda fast build tanks

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Participant

I have just put together a Panzer II from their 1/100 (15mm) series.

It has just FIVE parts. For those of use who want to get the thing built and not enjoy the pleasures of adding suspensions and then 10 separate wheels and then trying to get a track to fit, these are a delight and while some detail is bland (such as on the track facing), overall the details is good for the games table. I paid £3.50 for this. The only ommision to this being a top product is that you don’t get decals.

Participant

Yup, dead brilliant those things and a good range to choose from.  Decals in the scale are easy enough to get. I use their same idea aircraft.

The 1/72 Armourfast tanks are much the same with two in the box for under a tenner.

'The time has come" The walrus said. "To talk of many things: Of shoes--and ships--and sealing-wax--Of cabbages--and kings--And why the sea is boiling hot--And whether pigs have wings."

Participant

I have just finished Zvezda’s Junkers Ju 88A.

Very cheap and very easy to put together. A very good buy I think.

But a few fragile bits needed to be cut off before using on a wargames table.

//Keith

Participant

I think they are great built about a dozen with similar amount in the stash.

Participant

Are they hard or soft plastic?  I’m mainly worried if the guns would snap off.  And how well do they take paint?

I’ve looked at them in my local model shop, very tempting, especially as they seem to do a lot of the less popular tanks, if you know what I mean.

Participant

They are hard plastic and take paints well. The example in my opening comment looks huge, but it is not even 45mm long (while a Panther tank is about 70mm) and so at normal viewing distances, it is looking good.

The only thing I have noticed is that because they are a push and fit kit (i.e. you don’t have to glue, but I always do), the turret can sit on its peg tightly – so I generally use a blade to shave back the peg or a rill on the dremel to widen the hole under the turret, that sits on the peg.

I have recently built the King Tiger, which is a lovely model and in about 12 parts I think, it towers over the little Panzer II. I have several vehicles and the only one I have ever had to do work on was the T34/76, which doesn’t have a hull MG. I glued the worlds smallest piece of brass rod onto the hull and it looked fine.

They actually do the models as additional support items for their Art of War series of boxed games and it is impressive that they have gone to so much care on these models.

Participant

I have a few and they are great little kits.

Participant

I like the Zvezda stuff. The BT especially is a really nice model. The kits don’t have too many parts and paint up fine. The price means that you can get vehicles that you might not want to get at more expensive resin/metal prices. Like T-35s….

Participant

Nicely done – a fascinating vehicle.

Participant

I really like the Zvezda vehicles, I’ve got loads of them. Some are better models than others, but at the price, who cares? Zvezda and PSC are my go to companies for 15mm WW2 these days, as sticking together plastic kits reminds me of being a kid again:)

"Mistakes in the initial deployment cannot be rectified" - Helmuth von Moltke

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.