Home Forums Fantasy General Fantasy 25mm WFB

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

I have decided to gather my Mordheim models and spares and start putting together a WFB 3rd edition mini army in 25mm.

I don’t much like painting 25mm as it takes an age, but I figured if I aim for about 50 figures total for the force, then I should be able to get it all done in about a year at 1 model per week.
    Also I have been putting off BOYL as I feel like a bit of a fraud for doing 3rd edition in 10/12mm, and I do want to go to BOYL at some point, but just not with unofficial models in a teeny scale. etc.

So, I am still playing Mordheim but when that is done (maybe before) I will rebase them so I can have some extra models.

The plan is a unit of Helblitzen, a unit of Armbrustschutzen and a unit of Ersatzsolder with swords and shields.
    Then a general type, and a wizardy type (which may be a drunk priest of Taal).

I have cobbled together the spares into the starts of a Helblitzen unit and have about 5 more on the way from a dude on FB:

And I shall be incorporating these:

Participant

BOYL ???

Keymaster

Bring Out Your Lead. The definitive Oldhammer Event.

https://www.bringoutyourlead.co.uk/

Participant

Not sure why you would feel like a fraud, mini hammer is definitely a thing and there are quite a few gamers playing in 10mm.

Nevertheless, you will probably find more opponents if you play in 25mm.

I dunno, I think if I was playing Warmaster then less so.
    Anyway, it is giving me rose flavoured good feelings assembling a ‘proper’ oldhammer force.

So after buying just a few models and sorting out what I already had, I am not far off from having a tiny Stirland force.

The final line up will be.

15 Helblitzen
    10 Erzatsolder
    5 Woodsmen
    5 Armbrustschutzen

1 drunk wizard/priest
    1 Captain.

Once complete in probably about a year, I will expand the units to enbiggen them.

To get to the current final plan I need.

A guy to hold the banner for the Helblitzen.
    3 Erzatsolder with swords and shields
    2 Woodsmen
    1 Cool Armbrustschutzen as the main leader chap.

So just 7 more models to get to my Oldhammer force.

Woop, not too bad.
    40 ish figures with about 33 to paint, so maybe all done by Christmas?

Participant

… maybe all done by Christmas?

Folks – note no year given – typical gamer target as it allows for the normal project creep 🙂 🙂

I do like the drunk wizard – the flagellant figures was a group I always wanted to field but then they went ‘silly’ in plastic and even worse in 40K. They still gave the odd nice one (the one in the pillory being #1) and some nice 3D ones are out now.

Yeah I liked those early fleglers but as with so much of GW, the more modern it is the less I like its look.
    I have mentioned elsewhere, no doubt on a number of occasions that the setting has gone from pseudo-historical fantasy to high world of warcraft DnD fantasy, which for my money makes it as uninteresting as all the others.

That model is a conversion from the original which was intended as a Morrite priest, hence the hourglass on the holy tome, but Taal seems more in keeping with Stirland, nit by much, but by a bit?
    So I may need to re-do the book. Again…

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.