It’s that time of year again! Get yourselves ready for the Pendraken Painting Competition 2024!
Our annual Painting Competition will once again be running throughout the month of February, so get those entries finished, grab your camera and get them posted! The Competition has opened to entries and will run all the way through until the end of the month. This year you’ll get an extra day too due to the leap year! You can enter anything that’s been painted over the past 12 months and we can’t wait to see the entries.
Closing date for the competition will be midnight on Thursday 29th February and we’ll then open up the voting threads for everyone to decide our winners.
The categories will be the same as usual:
Foot – Pre-20th C. – Max: 40 figures, on either a single base, multiple bases, or in a movement tray.
Foot – 20th C. – Max: 40 figures, on either a single base, multiple bases, or in a movement tray.
Mounted – Max: 20 figures, on either a single base, multiple bases, or in a movement tray.
Vehicle – Max: 3 vehicles on or off bases, including wagons and chariots.
Fantasy & Sci-Fi – Max: 40 figures, on either a single base, multiple bases, or in a movement tray.
Open – Single Base – Anything which doesn’t fit into the other categories, with a max base size of 100x100mm. This could be a command base, a single figure, artillery base, etc.
Open – Army – Anything which is larger than the maximums in the other categories, so multiple units or a whole army.
If you’re unsure which category to put your entry in, let us know what it is, and we’ll point you in the right direction!
Rules – Please Read!
– Firstly, all figures must be Pendraken products, including the TB Line ranges. Conversions are allowed, but only on our figures.
1. You must be a Forum member to enter, but other than that, everyone is welcome!
2. You may enter as many times as you like but each entry is only allowed 2 images (except for the ‘Army!’ category, see below). We do not allow montage images anymore, just to keep a level playing field. You can however edit your two images into a single file for the sake of uploading/hosting them. The best way to add your images is through a separate photo hosting site, or a blog, but if you have any difficulty posting pics then let us know and we’ll help you out.
3. The ‘Open – Army!’ category may have 5 photo’s, as it’s difficult to cover a whole army with just a single photo!
4. All entries must be your own work, and have not been entered into any online competitions before.
5. Entries should have been completed in the last 12 months, so we hope you’ve all been busy!
6. You can post WIP (work-in-progress) photos if you wish, but please create a new thread for these. You can also post extra photos of your work elsewhere on the Forum. These will not count towards your competition entry.
7. The winners will be decided by the Forum members, so once the closing deadline has passed, we’ll put up a poll thread for each category where our members can vote on who they want to win. The polls will close 7 days later and the winners will be announced.
8. Competition threads will be created on the opening date, purely for your entries.
9. Pendraken may use your pics in future promo/marketing, catalogue covers or web pics. Entering gives your permission for your pics to be used.
And now the good bit, we’ve got over £500 of prizes available for you! The winners and runners-up in each category will receive the following:
- The Winner of each category will receive a £50 Pendraken voucher!
– The Runner-Up of each category will receive a £25 Pendraken voucher!
Vouchers will be sent out to you by email once the winners have been announced. You can then use it on any of the 8000+ products on our website.
Competition opens – February 1st!
Closing deadline – Midnight, February 29th!
As always, if there’s any questions just let us know!
All entries must be made on our Forum in the relevant threads: HERE