Home Forums Renaissance 10mm Cardinal

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Participant

A few week ago someone on the Pendraken forum was asking if there was a figure that would do for a Spanish cardinal they wanted to use on a command stand. I’d never thought of that before but of course it sounded like a great idea for  a Thirty Years War Spanish army I may have running around in a campaign shortly.  Unfortunately there isn’t one available.

So I thought I’d have a go at making one myself.

This is 10mm, and how Thomaston (or anyone else for that matter) works in 6mm I’ll never know! My hands were were suddenly way too big and my eyes weirdly unfocused.

However I persevered and though he is far from perfect he’ll do for me (they’re going to get thrashed anyway! – probably.)

He looks weird like this – I barely recognised him from what I thought I’d sculpted under the magnifying glass!

He looks a bit more like it now(Pendraken gunners for size comparison)

I’m hoping he’ll look even more the part once based with a few military types around him.

This is the sort of thing he’s based on:

Keymaster

Fair play.
    I did a 6mm dude once holding what equated to a sheet of paper, I used some really thin plastic like from a blister pack, if you fancy cutting a bit and slicing his hand to slip it in.

I must stop looking for 12mm peasants and just sculpt them, you are my muse!

Participant

Thanks Mike (Muse? Me? Surely life hasn’t got that bad?)

Although he was sort of based on the guy in the picture, he’s got his hand raised to deliver a blessing rather than reading a sermon or orders. But a nice idea should I get round to more of them.

Participant

I think he’s pretty good, certainly good enough at that scale.

OB
    http://withob.blogspot.co.uk/

Participant

Thanks!

I think that with normal viewing ranges at this scale he will be fine.

Close up photography of my figures always scares me!

But that isn’t how you see them 99% of the time.

Good work. Now make a range of 10mm Tang Chinese for us and go into commercial production!

Participant

I made a couple of 25mm Tang infantry about 40 years ago!

I take it research has moved on from WRG’s Armies and Enemies of Ancient China though?

Phew. That book had the rare distinction of being the only one I have ever given away on the same day I bought it!

Participant

I’ve still got it somewhere – haven’t looked at it for some years (decades?).

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.