Home Forums Horse and Musket American Civil War 10mm Union Cavalry and Artillery

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Pics from the blog: https://nickthelemming.wordpress.com/2015/05/17/longstreet-sword-and-spear/

I’ve had these painted up but not based for a while, so thought I’d at least glue them to bases while I paint everything else up and before I base them properly. These are for my Longstreet army, a mix of Pendraken, Cracker Line and Plank Road / Starfort for cavalry, and all Cracker Line for the artillery. Now I just have about 3 million infantry to paint up…

Participant

Very nice. The Cracker Line look nice models.

I mix a bit of green or brown acrylic paint with 1 drop of black into my white base texture, just to take the whiteness out.

Participant

When I get the rest of the figures painted, I’m going to do all the basing properly – I use a thinned down brown paint first, then some lighter highlights, some tufts and flock etc.

Participant

Sorry – crossed wires, I wasn’t suggesting those bases were done – it’s just I add a colour at the prep stage so that a) there is no white showing if the bases later get chipped and also I don’t need to try so hard when I paint the base to kill the white. ๐Ÿ™‚

Participant

Ah, I see. I tend to keep the white, that way if I get any on a figure when I’m slapping it on, I’m more likely to notice and try to get it off, or can paint over it more easily if I miss it.

Participant

Nick, the guns are looking great. Sorry I didn’t see this post when you put it up.

Bill Moreno

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.