Home Forums WWII 15mm WWII British for NW Europe

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Participant

All,

Alright, alright, alright, here we go, now we’re getting to the big stuff! Sure the WWII Marines and Vietnam gear were cool, but those were small potatoes, this is where we really get dug in! So, I’ve been building up this force of British for Northwest Europe for about a year now, and I think I’m about finally ready to get some stuff on the table. I figure I painted about 35% of this stuff, and the rest was bought from various locations, a lot of which I had to put some serious work into in order to get it to match the rest of what I had going on.

I’ve been wanting to play some larger sized games, some games where I’m throwing down a brigade vs a brigade on the table, so I organized these forces along the lines of the Rapid Fire Reloaded tables of organization.

Here’s the whole mess, a brigade’s worth of infantry (three rifle battalions), enough Shermans, Cromwells, and Churchills to make up a Regiment, and various other support vehicles, artillery, and air support.

The British brigade command stand, sporting an M5 halftrack.

Poor Bloody Infantry.

Couple of nice looking Sextons.

Look Shaun, I’ve got Churchills! 😉

Cromwells.

And more Shermans than I’ll ever know what to do with…

I’m SUPER happy with how these turned out.

I even added some terrain.

To see a bunch more pics, please check the blog at:
    https://blackhawkhet.blogspot.com/2021/06/15mm-wwii-british-for-nw-europe.html

Well, there it is, my Commonwealth (and Polish, I suppose?) force for NW Europe, ready push into Caen and then into Holland. Lots of work went into it, but I couldn’t be more happy with how everything has turned out, and I’d love to hear what you think. I’ll post their adversaries tomorrow evening.

V/R,
    Jack

Participant

Great looking stuff there Jack.  More than enough toys to get stuck in.  Hopefully your advance on Caen goes more quickly than Monty’s.

"I saw this in a cartoon once, but I'm pretty sure I can do it..."

Participant

Thanks Darby, and don’t count on it! 😉

V/R,

Jack

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.