Home Forums WWII 15mm WWII Japanese Forces

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Participant

All,

So here they are, I did it, knocked out the Japanese forces for WWII in the Pacific. In record time, I might add πŸ˜‰ Nothing special, but they look pretty good I think. Like the US Marines, and in contrast to all my 15mm forces for Europe/North Africa/Mediterranean, these weren’t built in accordance with Rapid Fire. Hell, they weren’t really built around any particular set of rules as I’m still trying to figure out what rules I’m going to use them with. I keep looking at a modified version of ‘Fistful of Lead,’ which is the latest set of rules I’ve fallen in love with despite not actually having played them yet πŸ˜‰

Here they are, the whole mess, all in 15mm. The troops are all from Battlefront and Eureka, while the lone Type 95 tank is from Peter Pig and the five Type 97 tanks and two A6M Zeros are plastic or resin, manufacturer unknown. I painted everything except the five Type 97s and the Zeros, which I picked up on Ebay (from the same guy who sold me the landing craft for the Marines).

The Japanese riflemen, four units (probably platoons) of three stands (probably squads) and a leader. I can’t really see doing it for the Pacific, but I’ve been looking at other rules to play higher echelons, where one of these rifle stands would represent a platoon, or even a company.

Yes, those are flags, and yes, they are poorly made by yours truly from some printer paper with a red Sharpie and some Elmers’ glue.

A ‘woodpecker.’

Looking to ‘banzai’ charge a tank.

And a regular old banzai charge.

To see more pics, please check the blog at:
    https://blackhawkhet.blogspot.com/2021/06/15mm-wwii-japanese-forces.html

Well, there they are, finished and ready to hit the table. Well, almost. I still need to do up casualty figures for the Japanese and Marines, and I need some air support for my Marines, as well as some more Amtracs, and probably another M-1 37mm anti-tank gun and 75mm pack howitzer…

So, let me know what you think, and with baseball finally winding down I’ll see if I can actually get some games in soon.

V/R,
    Jack

I have big hopes for that littel Type 95, watch it’ll win a game all by itself, one day!

Participant

Impresiv.

Participant

Just Jack:

Very nice figures and vehicles, Jack. They’ll look good on your terrain mats. Will they be fighting very Early War Americans or the more familiar run-of-the-mill GIs and Marines which you mentioned in your blog? Or, perhaps Brits, Dutch or Anzacs?

Looking good. Keep up the great work!

Cheers and good gaming.

Rod Robertson

Participant

Very nice. As to rules, have you considered Crossfire? Your rifle armed troops would form your core rifle platoons.

Tally-Ho! Check out my blog at…..
    http://steelcitywargaming.wordpress.com/

Participant

I second this Crossfire idea. I would love to see some write-ups of these rules before I finally get them to the table.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.