Home Forums Sci Fi 6mm Sci-Fi 3mm Warlord Titans

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Anyone have a source for 3mm scale Worlord Titans? I would like to get one or two to fill out my epic games once I pull my finger out and start painting more than three stands…

I have Reavers and Warhounds from the wonderful Vanguard but they currently do not do anything larger. I have been stung with an offer of 3d printing some flyers which has yet to come through despite being paid for before Xmas so am a bit wary of that approach though I suspect that will come through at some point soon when I chaw again.

Any leads out there?

PS I may try and do a painted model dump this week so that I can actually pretend I do anyhitng other than horde unpainted minis.

Participant

You can look for old school “beetle back” warlords, which were closer to 3mm scale in the old days. Aside from that taking a chance with 3D printing is the only option I know of.

Participant

I spent a while trying to drum up a good Warlord Proxy to match Vanguards 3mm. I think the old Epic “Beetlebacks” that Mr. Average mentioned are the best fit.  I also considered some of Adeptus Titanicus Knights.  In the end I just decided I didn’t need Warlords, but I’d probably try converting a few Cerastus if I did.

Participant

Thanks  both…u may have a beetle back somewhere but was never fond of them without banner poles in the spare weapon mounts… It may be the push to get me trying to get a printer, I have a large collection of amazon vouchers so apt is not the issue. More about space and smell impacts… And if the wife would put up with it.

Participant

There are some walkers from Onslaught Miniatures too, meant to be 6mm scale Knight proxies, that with some modification could be reasonable Titans.

Participant

Onslaughts would work great if they were bigger, but I don’t think they are any taller than your Reaver proxies i.e. they are all about 40mm tall. That being said you might be able to ask them to print an upscaled version for you. He does his own printing, owns the designs and is a nice person to talk to.

Participant

I have a couple of the old beetle type titans (from the 1989 bog box) I can send you if you want them.   They’re unpainted.  I doubt I will ever need them for anything and it’d be good for them to get used after so long.

"I saw this in a cartoon once, but I'm pretty sure I can do it..."

Participant

Onslaughts would work great if they were bigger, but I don’t think they are any taller than your Reaver proxies i.e. they are all about 40mm tall.

Not looked at Onslaught for years… I had assumed they were running down when I last looked but guessing that must have been when they were transitioning to printing. Some great bits on there now…. But as it’s US it’s probably not that practical though I am going to trawl over the site for ages.

Darkest Star… That is a very kind offer!

Participant

If he doesn’t want them, you can always send them to me!

Participant

I think your on the other side of the pond so as much as I would love an extra titan thr shipping may be more of a hassle. Thanks so much for thr kind offer though.

Participant

I’ll count up how many I have, maybe I can share with you both!  I ship to the UK all of the time, it can be expensive but the boxes get there.

"I saw this in a cartoon once, but I'm pretty sure I can do it..."

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.