Home Forums Sci Fi 6mm Sci-Fi 6mm sci-fi size comparisons

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Author

I thought we could start a topic where we share images of 6mm sci-fi models compared against makes.
    Could be a handy resource.

Here is an old image that shows some of the 6mm infantry.

An old post from elsewhere, still relevant though I feel

1 Brigade Models – Hippo Heavy Truck – Flat Bed Version
    2 Brigade Models – Hippo Heavy Truck – Bowser Version
    3 Brigade Models – Hippo Heavy Truck – Office Body Version
    4 Xmarx Tanker Truck*
    5 Xmarx Supply Truck*
    6 Steel Crown Productions – Guild Enforcer Urban Pacification Squadron MKII
    7 Plasma Blast Games – Hammerhead Heavy Tank
    8 Reiver Castings – Heavy Tank – Tracked
    9 Adler Miniatures* – Kh’Erian Main Battle Tank (East Wind)  (*now Darkest Star)
    10 Adler Miniatures – Python Main Battle Tank
    11 Dark Realm Miniatures – Pax Arcadian – Chasseur
    12 Dark Realm Miniatures – Pax Arcadian – Castellian
    13 Dark Realm Miniatures – Pax Arcadian – Ramjack Armoured Personal Carrier
    14 Ground Zero Games – Paladin heavy hi-mobility wheeled battle tank
    15 Adler Miniatures – Scorpion Armoured Personal Carrier
    16 Ground Zero Games – Phalanx heavy hi-mobility wheeled APC

* both of these are their 8mm version, I did get the 6mm versions but thought them too small compared to a 6mm figure.

Participant

These types of comparisons are always useful.  Thanks for sharing.

Measurements are usually to the eyes not the top of head as headgear can confuse this around 6.5mm from foot to eyes is considered a 6mm figure on a 1/300 scale . This is true of other 6mm genra but scifi always seem to be to top of head!

Richard

Quality Pewter Miniatures at affordable price :

http://perfectsixscenics.co.uk
    Keymaster

Never did understand why to the eyes, not how it works in real life.

Participant

I guess the Reiver heavy tank is out of print? They seem to have only 28mm historicals on their site. Which is a shame – I like the look of it. Make a nice superheavy at 3mm scale.

oooh don’t know, sorry.

That comparison was done many years ago.

🙁

Participant

this will help me a lot as i have only just started doing 6mm thank you

Keymaster

I have made this topic a sticky and would encourage people to use it to share comparison pictures, it could end up being a very handy resource.

I’ll see if I can be arsed to take a comparison photo of an Onslaught Stygian (Dark Eldar) and a Defeat in Detail Eloi (Eldar). I was slightly dismayed to find that they’re on opposite ends of the size spectrum for what’s commonly lumped together as 6mm. The Onslaught figures are very small, the Defeat in Detail ones very large. That’s no-one’s fault of course (it’s just a case of different companies each doing their own thing), but it does throw a spanner in the works as regards my own 6mm projects.

I suspect with Onslaught being very much aimed at the GW Epic players, they are smaller as the original GW is smaller?

I await some pics.

😉

Yeah, but Defeat in Detail is aimed at the same crowd, isn’t it?

Again, it’s not anyone’s fault, they’ve just gone with different mentalities. Defeat in Detail went with the “6mm is actually 7mm now” mentality, while Onslaught evidently chose to have the original Epic figures be their benchmark for what 6mm is supposed to be.

If I get some photos taken, it’ll be later. Due to limited living and storage space, my figure collections are an unnavigable mess.

On another note, I rather support the practice of measuring to the eyes, not the top of the head. It’s been done for a long time and the reasoning is self-evident, because headgear really does often obfuscate the “top of head” level.

Participant

Hey guys, sorry I hadn’t posted in this section earlier.

So here we have classic Epic 40k posed next to some of our Battle Ready Crows Miniatures’ standard Soldurios Warrior infantry.

Grey (Epic 40k SM), Green (Soldurios Warriors).

A tad larger than 40k, but seeing as how these models are insanely detailed for their size, and can be used to represent individual characters as well as massed unit formations I think it works out perfectly.

You may pre-order these miniatures through pledges on KickStarter; available below.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/soldurios28mm/6mm-sci-fi-soldurios-and-nanotech-warriors

In the future, depending on how well we do with pre-orders for our first releases, there will be entire packs (32) of specific factions, etc… Oh yes…

Participant

Here are a couple of images of a  6mm Soldurian Warrior painted up by Rie Kendl for her army WIP.

The first two give you a feel for the entire model, whereas the last image is a size comparison in front of a U.S. Dime.

Soldurian Warrior/Rie Kendl

Participant

Those are pretty sweet – wish I’d known about them sooner. Where does one look for them besides on a completed Kickstarter?

Participant

Those are pretty sweet – wish I’d known about them sooner. Where does one look for them besides on a completed Kickstarter?

Thank you very much!

The models are supposed to be going up on ZombieSmith’s website; however, being that he is rather busy it wouldn’t hurt to send him an email and ask when he would be able to to add them there. 🙂

You can find his website here: https://www.zombiesmith.com/ and his email address is [email protected] .

We do have to means to produce and sell them at the moment, so if you are interested in buying some now rather than waiting until whenever he is able to get around to adding them on his site, just send him an email and tell him however many you would like to purchase. He should have an invoice through PayPal available to you as soon as possible.

Participant

The following painted miniatures are some of the 6mm Soldurios Warriors available in the assorted pack, which contains a variance of the different styled factions and common equipment.

These particulars are wearing Celtican pattern armor & equipped with Heavy Lasers (think MG’s).

Beautiful painted by the talented Todd Farnholtz- the image shows how they can be based as well as how they scale beside a Citdael paint container.

The level of detail you can achieve on our extremely detailed models is quite astounding.

6mm Soldurios Warriors based for Dirtside II & other rules.

6mm Soldurios Warriors based for Dirtside II & other rules.

Keymaster

Thanks for sharing, though maybe as the last post does not actually help compare size, but rather more promotes the range, perhaps a new topic may be better?

Participant

@Mike…

Back in the day, miniatures were produced without headgear so that you could customize one body style by adding a bucket helm or a field cap or even the tall feathery hats some units wore. This meant that most figures were chopped off about eyebrow level.

SteveN

Keymaster

@Mike… Back in the day, miniatures were produced without headgear so that you could customize one body style by adding a bucket helm or a field cap or even the tall feathery hats some units wore. This meant that most figures were chopped off about eyebrow level. SteveN

Huh, well you live and learn, cheers sir!

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.