Home Forums Modern Battleground 1983

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Henry Turner is releasing more 3D files for his 15mm Battleground 1983 range. The Soviets are already available, including the recently released VDV figures. Here are some photos of BOAR and US Army figures as well, engaged in close quarters fighting with their Soviet counterparts. First up, a US anti-tank team with SMAW and Dragon, supported by a GPMG team:

Here they in action against a Soviet tank (from m_bergman):

Not to be outdone, BOAR take on a BMP and infantry support with a Milan and 82mm recoiless rifle:

Robert

Participant

Very nice work and lovely stagin too for the photos:).

Participant

Thank you very much. I appreciate the feedback.

Robert

Participant

I look forward to being able to get hold of his BAOR infantry. I’ve printed some of his 6-15mm Napoleonics, and they paint up very well, so I have high hopes.

Participant

Henry Turner makes interesting miniatures of the Airborne Forces, I was thinking of purchasing them for my models of armored vehicles of the Soviet Airborne Forces BUT one moment stopped me – all the figures are in berets. I want to have (most likely I will have to do it myself) figures of paratroopers in jump helmets (as it was in reality)

Participant

Фил Лохмин

Here are some 15mm VDV figures that I painted up but, as you say, they have the berets. I will check with Henry about the jump helmets. The change is not difficult, if you have access to the Blender files but I don’t know if these were released:

Robert

Participant

<p style=”text-align: left;”>Well, I think it’s unethical to edit someone else’s (and gorgeous miniatures) and there is another point – miniatures are more suitable in time for the Afghan war.</p>
    <p style=”text-align: left;”>During the landing , the Soviet airborne troops did not wear unloading vests</p>

Participant

Фил Лохмин, Henry has confirmed that he is not planning to create the jump helmets but he will be releasing the Blender files at some time later this year. It is not unethical for you to modify the content of the Blender files when these are available; only unethical to sell the results without permission from Henry. The Blender files are designed to enable changes to made for personal use.

The berets and ammo vests are designed to represent VDV in action as ground troops well after a landing.

Robert

Participant

Here is a 15mm US rifleman, viewed from various angles:

Robert

Participant

Some BAOR figures in 15mm. Firstly, GPMG team:

Milan operator:

Robert

Participant

More figures in 15mm:

82mm recoiless rifle:

Blowpipe operator:

Robert

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.