Home Forums General General Campaign Rules?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

I play 6mm sci-fi skirmish and the world has a definite background that reflects the outcomes of the games.

However, when we play the next game, our forces have recovered and we have had replacement’s, it is like no-one really died.
    Are there any simple but effective rules out there that are suited for campaign play?

Things that reflect troop loss, vehicle repairs, experience of the men increasing?

I am tempted to write my own but I am a bit busy of late..

Michael.

Participant

If you give me another week or two, Five Parsecs From Home will have more than you ever bargained for, but in more of a Traveller/Firefly/Laserburn style of trading and (lots of) random events.

I had some simple stuff in FiveCore but it’s tied a bit more into the system.  If you want, I can dig up the injury table I use and post it later.

Participant

I briefly toyed with a similar idea for “modern” (1980s) warfare a while back, since there were various stats for various vehicles and infantry units, any units lost would have to roll on set of tables, which gave various results from being outright destroyed and nothing but scrap, to having engine problems which affected movement, sighting problems which affected hit rolls, and that sort of thing, with the possibility of several adverse factors affecting the unit. Each corps involved also had a repair factor, which gave bonuses to a number of repairs. Other factors in getting something repaired was the age of the vehicle – something that was obsolete was more likely to be scrapped, something which was still a mainstay would mean plenty of spares, and the ultra-hot straight out of the testing labs stuff had a coterie of engineers swarming round it, but getting spares to fix them (especially on the front lines) was almost impossible. It varied by nation too.

Participant

I wonder if there’s a market for a generic system for this. The rolls would be stuff like you mention and then players translate it into their own rules as they see fit.

Hmm

Participant

I’ve never run a campaign but the TFL “At the Sharp End”, on first quick reading, will probably be my choice for running any WWII-> sci-fi campaign, with appropriate modifications as needed.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.