Home Forums Ambush Alley Games Force on Force Fire dice?

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Participant

I have some questions about fire dice.

If you fire an infantry AT weapon against a vehicle the rule state you only roll for the weapon. A medium RPG has 1 AT dice. Does it only roll one die against a vehicle or two dice (one for the man firings and one for the RPG)? Can it get an extra die for optimum range?

I am building a French force using Normandy Miniatures wonderfull STL files. I really love the VBCI IFV. In the core rule book, this IFV does not have MGs like LAV 25 or Marder but according to my best knowledge, it does have MGs. Wouldn’t it be fair to allow it to have 3 MG dice like the other IFV?

Cheers

Thomas

Participant

You have one die for the weapon. You can have the bonus team dice if it’s an anti tank team.

Infantry firing AT weapons at vehicles only use the Firepower of their weapon against the vehicle (plus the +2 Firepower die Weapon Team bonus, if applicable). (From the rules).

About the VBCI, I think it’s a bug. There’s no indication at all, probably a wrong typo. You can have the normal MG rate.

Participant

…I really love the VBCI IFV. In the core rule book, this IFV does not have MGs like LAV 25 or Marder but according to my best knowledge, it does have MGs. Wouldn’t it be fair to allow it to have 3 MG dice like the other IFV? Cheers Thomas

An omission I expect, Thomas, it clearly has a co-ax MG so should have 3D MG dice.
    It’s always worth checking any rules against reality in case things have been overlooked.

You may want to decide if the RPG is Inf Support, or, Inf AT before a game:
    a RPG w/anti-personnel warhead is medium AT 1 (AP2);
    a RPG with AT warhead is medium AT 2 (AP3);
    a RPG w/ improved AT warhead is AT3 (AP3).
    p.134 in the rules.

As Maggico says you can add a weapon team value to this if the troops have the capability.

Participant

I wonder why vehicle mounted weapons don’t count as well as weapons teams.

Participant

I think is because vehicle weapons have a good number of dice from the start. A 120mm gun is AP:5/AT:6(H), not really few. And all the vehicular weapons are treated as being always in optimum range

Participant

Thank you for all your replies. Nice to know everyone seems to agree that the VBCI should have MG’s.

What about optimum range for infantry AT  weapons?

Cheers

Thomas

Participant

I wonder why vehicle mounted weapons don’t count as well as weapons teams.

It might just come down to the team mechanic of an operator of the weapon and an assistant who loads, spots, directs, covers the operator. Firing an MG from a vehicle is more often a one man job and as Maggico says their fire counts as in optimum range (already included in FP listed for vehicles) unless fitted to a technical.

Participant

..What about optimum range for infantry AT weapons? ..

Not counted:
    Infantry firing AT weapons at vehicles only use the Firepower of their weapon against the vehicle (plus the +2 Firepower die Weapon Team bonus, if applicable). (p.87 rules).

Have to say I often forget this in the heat of battle !
    You could argue the target’s closer so it’s easier to pick where you’ll aim for on the vehicle. 😉

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.