Home Forums Sci Fi 6mm Sci-Fi First forays into Horizon Wars

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Some of you may already have seen these on Friendface, but I have recently started taking steps into the brave new world of Sci-fi gaming with Horizon Wars. Actually, I already play both Samurai Robot Battle Royale and Mighty Monsters for Ganesha Games, but sci-fi is still a bit outside of my comfort zone which usually ends around 1700.

My humans in SRBR and HW are the same faction, the European Empire (strength through ever closer union). I have put together a 30 Presence battle group – which I know is very large – but it is hard to stop a 6mm project once it starts…

Can’t wait to get in a few more games!

http://irregularwars.blogspot.co.uk/

Do like, also the Gear, but it looks a bit dirty and Northern to me?

oooh the old GW Imperial Walker things too!

Win.

Participant

Those are rather nice. I’ve just received my copy of the rules and from a first glance, they do look rather nice. Might try and get a trial game in this weekend…

Participant

I tried waiting to finish my miniatures before I played. But I couldn’t so I ended up playing with half finished mechs. Just get some games going. The rules are amazing.

Participant

I like the “One Mech With Support” model – it has a nice look on the battlefield. Really great work on your figures there! Reminds me I have armies to finish up, myself!

Participant

Cheers gents. This weekend I’m taking part in a big Battle of Jutland game, and then next weekend diving into HW head on!

http://irregularwars.blogspot.co.uk/

Participant

Luckily I have enough painted minis for some small ‘try the rules’ games, with plenty as ‘works in progress’.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.