Home Forums General General Frothers

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 41 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Don’t panic! Not a comment on any of the associated shenanigans that goes on there.

Okay the site is on its last legs, but there is some really good info in the sculpting boards. Problem is it won’t load for me, times out every time. (I’ve cleared out my caches, tried on my phone and my PC).

Has the site finally given in? Or is it just me?

www.keepyourpowderdry.co.uk

Keymaster

I can’t access it either.

Participant

Thanks

www.keepyourpowderdry.co.uk

Participant

Disappeared sometime Monday I think.

Passing no comment on the general state of the place:

Someone was seriously trolling one of them for  couple of weeks – trying to get a show he was involved with cancelled.

I suspect some idiot (maybe even the same one) tried to up the ante by the look of things –You Gotta Laugh

If that was on Frothers perhaps someone decided to tidy it up? Maybe even pulled the plug before it got even more stupid? Or maybe it’s just Frothers and the hamsters stopped for a fag.

(Or maybe the money eventually ran out?)

Be a shame if it’s gone – still good stuff in some of the boards.

Participant

Like a bad penny it will turn up again. Probably needs a new hamster.

I always thought Frother’s sole purpose was to offer vicarious rebuttals to the petty  tinpot squabbles and political nutjobbery on TMP.  You mean they actually had some real content related to the hobby !?!  I found the site good for a laugh, and hope it comes back.

Much happier to come here for real content.  Just wish there was a bit more American adverts…the British companies are often just a tad out of reach.

Mick Hayman
    Margate and New Orleans

Participant

Is it really gone??

Participant

Who knows? If it is, there’s always The Miniatures Gadfly on Facebook to step in as a substitute for commentary on TMP.

If it HAS gone down, a certain someone had better worry: Frothers was probably responsible for a good third of his page’s web traffic. 😀

We get slapped around, but we have a good time!

Participant

Hey oh. It was on borrowed time anyway…

Obvious contrarian and passive aggressive old prat, who is taken far too seriously by some and not seriously enough by others.

Participant

Looks like all the sites on that IP address are down – https://dnslytics.com/reverse-ip

This includes the ‘Nick Ashton’ site who I think was ‘The Prof’ who ran the site.

IP address is reported to be static so I guess the server is down or DOS blocked.

Sadly and gladly missed at the same time.

Participant

That’s a sort of shame if it’s gone.

enjoyed seeing the other side of all the goings on with a certain other forum owner.

it looked like it was staggering on unloved for quite a while though.

Participant

It’s probably for the best.

Most of the sculpting/painting vibes had moved on,  and that one part which focused on that one topic wasn’t telling anyone anything they didn’t already know.

There are those who will claim it as a moral victory, which says more about them than anyone else.

I feel the whole thing is an example of diminishing returns, but each to their own.

Participant

It’s done this before, and come back after a few days.  But if it has gone forever it is of no consequence.  It was no longer telling us something we didn’t already know.

Play is what makes life bearable - Michael Rosen

Participant

still dead.

Participant

It was on a life support machine.

Participant

It has disappeared for days at a time before, then reappeared. I haven’t been there for years as there was very little of gaming interest latterly.

"Mistakes in the initial deployment cannot be rectified" - Helmuth von Moltke

Participant

Latterly, its sole reason for existing was to shine a light on the antics of Another Site. I think everyone knows by now.

Obvious contrarian and passive aggressive old prat, who is taken far too seriously by some and not seriously enough by others.

Participant

It was a good site in it’s day and I enjoyed the discussions I had there, but it’s probably best to let it go now.  I’d  suggest that towards the end it did as much damage to the reputations of the more vocal critics as it did to their target.

Death to all fanatics!

Participant

Ladies and gentlemen, the hamsters have sputtered back to life!

Participant

Ladies and gentlemen, the hamsters have sputtered back to life![/quote

“That is not dead which can eternal lie,

And with strange aeons even death may die.”

https://jimssfnovelsandwargamerules.wordpress.com/

Participant

What a nice surprise.

Lang may its lum reek (in a entirely sustainable non-climate-change/crisis manner of course).

Participant

Well,  to each their own…

Participant

Indeed; chacun à son goût!

Participant

I wouldn’t mention goats on Frothers if I were you, you’ll get them all exited again.

Participant

Bah.

Participant

Yeah, it’s back. I am no longer going to patronise it though.

Participant

Yeah, it’s back. I am no longer going to patronise it though.

You’re no fun. 🙁

Participant

🙂 It’s not a topic we can freely discuss here without causing unnecessary aggro, basically just Bored with Frothers.

Participant

A man who is bored with Frothers is bored with

shouting obscenities into the void?

Shame really, I like a good shout.

Participant

Just checked the domain as it was the anniversary of when someone ‘on another site’ said it was going to die – just been renewed for another year. Full of juvenile spam bot crap. No sign of admin or mods. Odd way to spend cash.

Participant

How very odd.

Considering I was savaged on it, it’s existence or not is of no importance to me.

Never actually used Frothers, not that I can remember anyway.  I left the other site for all the BS that normally goes on.  I could care less if either site lives or dies.  Lets get back to some actual gaming content!

John

"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power."

--Abraham Lincoln

Participant

It is the Jason Voorhees of websites.

Participant

Everyone was savaged on it, you’re not special 🙂

Participant

At first I liked Frothers many years ago because it was a place where I could learn more and very interesting English vocabulary! 😉
    Then I posted, too often, personal ideas on it, probably perhaps because it was a new experience to do it in English.
    More recently I’ve been only using it as a draft sandbox: posting AARs to correct them more easily at first than here on TWW or on LAF, where I posted them later.
    I’m not even doing this any more, because of what anyone following a link to one of my AARs would see …um …too many silly pictures.

http://www.argad-bzh.fr/argad/en.html
    https://www.anargader.net/

Participant

I simply found it peculiar anyone would renew the domain name when the owner and all the mods have long ago rowed off to Hispaniola with their doubloons and left the hulk to the spam rats. Odd one.

Participant

I’d bet that it’s continued existence in some sort of electronic Purgatory pisses Bill right off though…

Participant

I’d bet that it’s continued existence in some sort of electronic Purgatory pisses someone right off though…

But it doesn’t exist, does it? It’s just Wall ‘o’ Spam.

Participant

The word on the street is that its continued existence is due to a paid up account into which monies from various Frothers events was placed. So a zombie account is paying for a zombie site.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 41 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.