Home Forums General General Good and bad regiments

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Is it just me, or do our painted representatives on the table top often take on a personality.  There are some of my regiments which always do well.  They can be counted on to pass morale checks or fire devastating volleys.  Others run away at the drop of a d6.

One regiment in particular gained a wicked reputation of always routing.  But only for one commander my friend George.  When ever he commanded the 3rd New York they could be counted to epic fail at the worse possible time.  Final George offered to buy them, so he could melt them into a musket ball and shoot them away!!

Do any of you have a experience like this?

Participant

Yes.  Years ago my 15mm painstakingly painted Iron Brigade could be counted on to consistently fail at any critical moment in Stars & Bars.

The tree of Life is self pruning.

Years ago I had an Imperial Guard Epic army and one stand defied the odds and took out a number of vastly superior enemy units due to jammy rolls.
    I promoted him at the end of that game.
    The next few games he again made jammy rolls and pretty much influenced the entire campaign.

Commander Badox.

Participant

Not a regiment, an entire blooming WRG 6th army

Palmyrans: dozens of cataphracts shot in by scores of archers, mounted and foot. What could possibly go wrong?

Never won a game.

Obvious contrarian and passive aggressive old prat, who is taken far too seriously by some and not seriously enough by others.

Participant

I have a unit of ancient British Slingers for DBx that just can’t seem to do anything useful. I did their tattoos by hand so I keep them around.

Participant

My friend Dan has a unit of 42mm Greek Evzones who often get loaned out to me since his collection is bigger than mine, and I need an extra unit. They run away every time they take a morale test. I am beginning to suspect he’s giving me this unit on purpose.

I do all my own stunts.

Participant

I’m painting up reinforcements so I don’t have to used those dam Evzones again. Gurkhas! You can rely on Gurkhas.

I do all my own stunts.

Participant

We always believed the future of a newly painted regiment was determined in its first game on the table. If it performed reasonably well, it would be a unit that could be counted upon. If it routed, a router it would be.

I have a British Peninsular war regiment that has consistently failed for 20 years.

Participant

Any freshly painted unit I field no matter what they are, will die or rout in the first game they are used in….

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.