Home Forums Ancients Late Sassanid Clibanarius

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Participant

This is just a heads up for our soon to be released Late Sassanid Range. Adam took away the battery masters to check them over before the production moulds are made and decided to paint one up. There will be loads to choose from and he has an eastern unit started as well.
    Aventine Sassanid Clibanarius

Keith
    Aventine Miniatures

Participant

Keith

Great looking figure, looks very atmospheric.   May have to get my Sassanids out of hibernation!   Look forward to seeing the unit – an early unit mounted on the ‘cloth’ armoured horses would also be impressive.

Garry

Participant

Excellent. The variety of cavalry and horses scheduled for release is fantastic.

You might give some thought to doing early Byzantines some time in the future. The only Belisarians I am aware of are made by Old Glory.

Participant

Very pretty.  Like it lots.

Participant

Early Byzantines are on our list but they maybe a while yet..:(

Keith
    Aventine Miniatures

Participant

Good to hear. I am sure Adam will do an excellent job with early Byzantines.

Participant

The packs for the front rank are now available.
    SASS10 clibanarius lance/bow/shield

SASS20 mounted Sassanid Command

SASS21 Mounted Sassanid command 2

Cheers

Keith
    Aventine Miniatures

Participant

Received my order from Aventine. Beautifully detailed figures. Can’t wait for the balance of the release.

Participant

They look fantastically exotic!

Participant

They look fantastic, but I will be bending legs and limbs on all my purchases. I prefer poses that are less static (yes, I know it can look stupid when they are stood in reserve). The pic of the Hinchcliffe Sassanid/Sasanian cavalry in the ‘Purple Primer’ (Airfix Magazine Guide to Ancient Wargaming by Phil Barker) charging and extensively converted – is probably the most formative wargames picture in my history.

--An occasional wargames blog: http://aleadodyssey.blogspot.co.uk/ --

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.