Home Forums General General Mental Health Issues

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Keymaster

I know a few gamers, out of those I know, quite a significant few have some sort of social concerns.

It could be they suffer from depression, anxiety, panic attacks, maybe they have Autism, or Aspergers, or a mental health issue.
    Could be they are LGBT.

Whatever the reason, if you feel you don’t fit in and you would like place to hang out with other people will similar concerns I created a Facebook group a while ago for just this reason.

Find me on FB HERE and drop me a message and I will add you to the group.

Participant

The link doesn’t work for me Michael.

Keymaster

That’s odd, what do you see when you click on it?
    Do you have a Facebook account?

Participant

Works for me.

Richmond, VA. Let's play!

Doesn’t for me. “Sorry, this page isn’t available. The link you followed may be broken, or the page may have been removed.”

I don’t have a Facebook account.

Keymaster

Ah, I suspect you need a FB account to see it.
    You certainly need one to join the FB group any rate.

Participant

… have some sort of social concerns. It could be they suffer from depression, anxiety, panic attacks, maybe they have Autism, or Aspergers, or a mental health issue. Could be they are LGBT.

I realize that ‘LGBT’ could loosely come under the umbrella of ‘social concerns’, and I’m also sure no disparagement was intended, but it would be nice if you could clarify its inclusion in a list that is otherwise made up of illnesses rather than social concerns.  Thanks.

Keymaster

I’m also sure no disparagement was intended

Indeed, I have tried many ways to word it, but have also received criticism for saying mental illness, as some feels this suggests it can be ‘cured’.
    I try not to say that.
    So I tried to make it clear that anyone who feels ostracised is welcome, no matter what their ‘status’.

Keymaster

Just wanted to bump this as it may be relevant to people and may have been overlooked.

Participant

“Alienated gamers” maybe?

I think this is a good initiative.
    I know a few people with various degrees of anxiety, often somewhat crippling, and one of the players in my old RPG group ran into issues with some groups after she transitioned from male to female.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.