Home Forums General PC and Console Gaming MiG against MiG

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

So 3 rounds against Ace MiG29 in a MiG29
    First round I got totally dominated as I got into the merge too fast and never got the initiative back, about 2 minutes and dead.
    In the 2 remaining rounds, I can semi-control, even tho I broke my plane…

Participant

2 wins out of 3 ain’t bad.  In that last engagement you not only almost got yourself with a missile while inverted but that 2nd one almost got him.

How do you feel about the matchup?

"I saw this in a cartoon once, but I'm pretty sure I can do it..."

2 wins out of 3 ain’t bad. In that last engagement you not only almost got yourself with a missile while inverted but that 2nd one almost got him. How do you feel about the matchup?

It was fun, but I clearly don’t know how to fly the MiG29, I broke the one engine in two of the rounds. Not sure what I did. I didn’t overspeed which is a surefire way to brake Russian engines.

I did a F14 vs F14 today. Now that was fun. Over a city in Iran at dawn. Video will be up tomorrow,  just need to finish a clod video first.

Does the planes come with a manual? Stuff like corner speed and stuff?

They get firey pretty fast. That shot on the wing in the second fight looks like WWII footage of A6M getting shot.

Does the planes come with a manual? Stuff like corner speed and stuff? They get firey pretty fast. That shot on the wing in the second fight looks like WWII footage of A6M getting shot.

All planes come with a manual, tho not sure about the FC3 planes like the MiG29, how detailed that is. And I don’t know if they come with info about combat flying, at best I think it’s take off, landing speed and stall speed.

Modern planes are partly held together by it’s stretched hard skin, so paraxally they actually take less punishment than WW2 planes, once you punkture the skin, the plane call fall apart very easily. The skin is part of the structure, kinda like an exoskeleton in bugs. And the 23mm guns on the Russian planes are powerful stuff with a decent exploitive change, doesn’t take much.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.