Home Forums Ancients Noel's Ancients

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Participant

This is why I never get anything done…  No ability to focus on any particular thing!  Luckily for me, my friends are able to finish projects before starting others and they are prolific painters and terrain builders.

http://generalgulliver.blogspot.com/2016/08/now-for-something-completely-different.html

Republican Romans!

Keymaster

prolific painters and terrain builders.

I am jealous of anyone that can get things started and done quick time.
    I am easily distracted..

Participant

Looking really nice them Noel. I share your pain my mate finishes a project before Ive decided which side to buy!

My attempt at a Blog: http://ablogofwar.blogspot.co.uk/

Participant

Very nice. Baccus are awesome – even at 6mm I don’t always feel my painting does them justice,

Participant

Very nice. Baccus are awesome – even at 6mm I don’t always feel my painting does them justice,

I know what you mean.  I think I do okay with them, but then I’ll come across people that make them into little works of art.

There are some Napoleonics players out there that are doing truly wonderful work on 6mm miniatures.

Participant

I had a customer who did things with his epic Eldar that made me want to throw all my own stuff right in the bin. He would bring in one figure and show it to me and I would be going ‘oh that’s really nice, you are doing a great job’ and on the inside I wanted to snatch the little jewel from his bony fingers and stamp on it before beating him to death with a Blister Rack.

Then one day he brought the army in and he had painted all of them like that. God I hated him.

Participant

Nothing exciting to add, just some annoying little skirmishers…

http://generalgulliver.blogspot.com/2016/09/big-bad-wolves.html

Participant

Very nice! Great examples of how to paint 6mm in brighter shades than you would use for larger figures.

The Baccus Romans really paint up well, don’t they!

Participant

I find painting 6mm and 10mm every bit as rewarding in that they look so good en masse.

I to suffer from short attention span as my current desk has 9 bases of ECW cavalry needed terrain and labeling, 6 baggage train bases needing painting completion and 6 Sassanid bases needing figures glued on plus 8 Tumbling Dice aphract triremes needing painting for my new Posiedon’s Warriors shiny.

Focus? Don’t need no stinking focus.

The tree of Life is self pruning.

Participant

Focus? Don’t need no stinking focus

Hah!  I guess I should embrace it.

I find painting 6mm and 10mm every bit as rewarding in that they look so good en masse.

That’s how I feel.  I know that up close, my painting on these doesn’t look impressive, but unmagnified and as a unit, it’s very nice looking.

Very nice! Great examples of how to paint 6mm in brighter shades than you would use for larger figures.

Thanks!  Baccus makes it easy to paint these guys.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.