Home Forums Sci Fi General Sci-Fi Ogre Set 4 – Available tonight 11th Jan

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Participant

At long long long last, the best looking GEV vehicles (IMO) are coming out

Backerkit link here.

And no – these do not have camo on them ๐Ÿ™‚

Participant

Just a bounce

The pre-order starts today 8PM U.K. time (2pm Central US time).

Currently 2100+ signed up for more info. Also the bonus has been detailed:

Early Bird Bonus – First 48-Hours Only!

Ogre Miniatures Set 4 includes a 48-hour early bird bonus. While supplies last, we will include a randomly selected Ogre MK III or Ogre MK V miniature with every pledge during the early bird window. Each mini comes in black plastic and requires assembly. Be ready for day 1! Be sure to create your BackerKit Crowdfunding account prior to launch!

Thank goodness it’s not the ‘glow in the dark’ versions ๐Ÿ™‚

Participant

Alamo SHVY at last!

And a few more GEVs and tanks can’t do anyone any harm right!

Participant

30 mins in and 200%+ funded.

Expensive to get some of the earlier models I missed so that’s the first half of the years budget just gone ๐Ÿ™

Need to hunt old figures / models out of the roof and see if I can shift some on eBay to offset the cost ๐Ÿ™‚

Participant

$32 plus UK import taxes & fees on a $40 product is too rich for me. It is only light so why so much. Other US companies can do it cheaper but SJG seem to have stopped bothering about non-US customers.

Which of the earlier models are you looking for Andrew ?

Tony of TTT

Participant

Hopefully I’ll miss the import duties due to the value and international agreements continued from the EU and just get stung VAT and courier mark up – the calculator I tried though could not cope with ‘toy’ as the classification!

It’s a significant chunk of money for a bit of plastic (makes GW look cheap given my play time of this vs Warhammer) but I’ve been a fan of Ogre since the 80’s and still have my original rules (though cut apart and in a clear pocket booklet) and the majority of the counters. I’ve regretted selling the metal figures for years but the eBay cost to replace was stupid even compared to this…

Funds wise – it looks like the remaining 28s should be going – I’ve been dodging this for years and think this has made my mind up ๐Ÿ™

I’m not that fussed by the actual Ogres – I prefer the smaller units but missed the second wave (Kickstarter) as it was US only (Alice did not have her drop ship address then) and I never saw the note about it being in their store as I broke!

I’m hoping they will open this early set up post Backerkit but going by the Twitch stream they only have limited stock left so I think that’s not going to happen.

Looking now (7 hours in) the two big sets (General / Warlord) with the older figures are all pledged and folk are asking for extra boxes of the new ones already as you can only pledge for one box per account. The largest Ogre collector (John Fleisher blog) is looking for 33 more sets to oppose his current forces (5k+ figures excluding infantry)!!!!

It does seem my camo paint scheme is no go according the SJG and their official painter in the stream – tough ๐Ÿ™‚ though I do like the yellow they had…

Participant

I have a number of sets, including the 2nd wave ones, that I’m thinking of selling if you are interested, might split them too.

Reason is that I have the large hex boards and pieces in enough quantity and variety that I really don’t need the minis. I was surprised to find that the guys I play with were happy with those and don’t feel the need to use minis for the game.

Tony of TTT

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.