Home Forums Horse and Musket American Civil War Project Complete: 10mm CSA Force

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

I finished another of my 19th Century Projects. This is a 10mm Pendraken CSA force for the American Civil War. It is a matched pair for my USA force. You can read a bit about it and see photos at

https://phdleadhead.blogspot.com.tr/2017/05/american-civil-war-csa-army-10mm.html
    With Respect
    Konstnatinos Travlos

Participant

They look the part, KT.  A bit more light next time for the photo. 

OB
    http://withob.blogspot.co.uk/

Participant

Very nice looking armies you have there Konstantinos. Did you enjoy painting one more than the other? We play 10mm ACW at our club and most people have found the CSA figures easier and nicer to paint (both sets of Pendraken figures are very nice though). The confederate cavalry is a high point for me in the range.

I painted my Union much earlier and with more gusto. Also the Union Army was painted for Gaines Mill (Altar of Freedom) so it was more colorful. My confederates were painted for completions sake and in drab 1864 colors. I do think the CSA figures are nicer and with more character, but I did enjoy more my Union.

Nice work, Konstnatinos.  1″ bases or 2cm?  I like the look of the offset figures on the line.

John

"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power."

--Abraham Lincoln

All my infantry bases are 20×20 cm, all cavalry and artillery are 25x25cm.

Participant

Do you plan on expanding either of the armies? (I’m assuming that’s one of each army pack?) I was adamant when I got my initial army pack that I wouldn’t add anything else……I failed miserably, extra cavalry, dismounted cavalry, artillery limbers, wagons and now I’m painting zouaves. I’m blaming the visual effect of 10mm on mass for my over indulgence.

Nope. I am quite happy with both as they are. More than enough bases for most BBB ACW scenarios, and I can always conscript 1897 Greeks to fill in the Union ranks.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.