Home Forums WWI Project Jutland – High Seas Fleet

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Participant

http://yarkshiregamer.blogspot.co.uk/2016/09/project-jutland-german-hsf-complete.html

Welcome back ye followers of Project Jutland,

Today is a momentus day, the German “half” of the ships are complete ! Hurrah.

99 1/2400 ships done with the last batch of 32 British ships based and primed the end is in sight.

The post is mostly pictures as you would expect, the German Battle line ended up over 8 ft long which is a challenge to photograph (I ended up putting them in close formation in the end).

The whole collection will be on display for the first time at FIASCO at the Royal Armouries in Leeds on 30th October. It will be a static display as the club members will be engaged in running the show but I will be around to chat about the project.

Regards Ken

The Yarkshire Gamer

Http://yarkshiregamer.blogspot.co.uk

Participant

How very very cool !!!!

Participant

Congratulations. Great looking fleet and very impressive focus on completing the project (and in the centennial year!).

The tree of Life is self pruning.

Participant

Very impressive. 

(For complete realism; leave them in their boxes for 2 years, play with them only once and abandon the game halfway through, then put them back in their boxes for good.) 

Great stuff. I have a connection with the battle. Grand dad’s photo album shows some shots taken during the battle (water spouts, primarily). He served in the HMS Benbow, a dreadnought. His album documents his service in the RN before the war (primarily in China & Malta), during and just after. It’s a treasure.

donald

Participant

Cheers Donald, just for you here is my version of HMS Benbow in the foreground with her sister ships.

Regards Ken

Http://yarkshiregamer.blogspot.co.uk

Participant

Impressive!

Ken, that was lovely.

Many thanks.

donald

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.