Home Forums General General State of the Union

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author

I was wondering how TWW was faring, Michael.

Admittedly none of my business & whilst I’m not asking to gaze at your bank records, please feel free to zap this thread if I’m being presumptuous.

I’ve noticed a distinct falling off of -meaningful- activity at a Wargaming Forum Not To Be Mentioned, (that I go to, less and less). Admittedly, it lurches from unpleasantness to unpleasantness which might cause the falling participation rates.

However, one or two other minor sites I attend are also starting to look a bit moribund. Are gaming forums, across the board*, starting to wane?

I’m rather hoping you report on TWW’s robust health.

donald

• * pun intended
    Keymaster

Sponsor and Trader memberships seem to remain constant at about 80 and 90 respectively.

Unique Visits are up on the last few years but only a bit.
    But the site is finding new people.

Financially I am bringing in about as much money as the last few years, obviously the £ is not worth what it once was, and I have not increased the subscription fees to try and ensure that TWW is still great value for the Traders.
    However running and living costs have increased, so anything anyone else can do to help spread awareness is always welcome.

Saying that, I have been making a bit of noise on twitter and we have seen an influx of new members over the last few days.
    I think the strength of a well maintained forum is that you can have everything in one place.
    Plus everything posted here is easily found by Google, where as things hidden in closed FB groups are not.
    So your news/content is more likely to be found be people on the internet in a forum than a FB group.

If you like 6mm, 2mm, 10mm, 28mm, 54mm, 1:2000, etc they can all be found here, same with the various flavours of game, historical, fantasy, sci-fi, card games, board games, video games etc.
    Also the event calendar, club listings, player finder, company directory etc, all here.

Social Media is definitely massive, but for me, having to join half a dozen 15mm fantasy groups to get my 15mm fantasy fix seems more work than is sensible.
    Now imagine, like most wargamers I had more than one area of interest, people are often in dozens of groups, and quite often with hundreds of the same people, posting the same thing in each group.
    I get bored of the same thing cropping up over and over.
    You don’t get that here really.

Anyway I digress, from a financial point of view, steady.
    Unique visitors are up, paying members about the same.

Just need to try and raise awareness, though with the change in the home situation, having half the time as when I set up TWW is making that a challenge.

What a comprehensive response. Thanks, Michael.

I’m glad to know things are, all in all, travelling well. The site & you are deservedly respected in our circles.

donald

Keymaster

And just for a random fact, the spam filter has blocked 1,080,436 spam comments on the news items.

\0/

Holy Hannah, that’s a stinkin’ pile o’ spam! Must be a powerful filter.

Could you go over to Frothers and fix theirs?

Participant

That is indeed a comprehensive response!  I am very glad that my favorite hangout is keepin’ on keepin’ on.

"I saw this in a cartoon once, but I'm pretty sure I can do it..."

Participant

Nah, the Frothers Spam (non)Filter provides us with an additional source of levity..  and the Ukrainian Brides are a notch above the offering from other websites. 🙂

--An occasional wargames blog: http://aleadodyssey.blogspot.co.uk/ --

Participant

Good to know, thanks all!

Participant

Good to hear that the visitors are increasing.

Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/stormofsteelwargaming

Blog: http://www.stormofsteelwargaming.com

Participant

I tend to visit more when my hobby activity increases. But you have a point, I hate being a member of so many different Facebook groups and I am certain I only see a tiny sliver of what gets posted on them.

Keymaster

and I am certain I only see a tiny sliver of what gets posted on them.

FB does restrict what you are shown even when you have subscribed to a page.
    The TWW page has 2378 followers, but FB only shows about 200 to 250 people the posts I make.
    Imagine if TWW only told you about new posts on 10% of the topics you subscribed to…

Participant

Good to know that things are ticking over nicely Mike.  I particularly appreciate the absence of drama here.

Play is what makes life bearable - Michael Rosen

“Now is the winter of our discontent made glorious summer by this sun of Dork!”

Wait — should that be “Mork”?

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.