Home Forums Modern Still building Team Yankee.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 50 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Still working thru my pile of Team Yankee models but with a bit more urgency as I’m part of a ww3 campaign game here locally. I’m one of the Nato company commanders as I dodged the bullet to be the over all Nato commander. I’m old now and want to have fun as a grunt. Maybe pictures on my Facebook page.

Participant

3 M-1’s built with 2 more building so I’ll have 12 M-1’s for Team Yankee. I have two Revel 1/100 A-10 snap-tight plane to build. Then back to VAD’s and ITV/s and M-113 for my Mech platoon’s.

Participant

Kyoteblue:

Keep up the good work. I have no idea what a VAD is so I’m going off to look it up now!

Cheers and good gaming.

Rod Robertson.

Participant

Vehicular Ventricular Defibrilator?

Veterans’ Affairs Department?

Voluntary Aid Detachement?

Very Angry Democrats?

I got noth’in!

Cheers.

Rod Robertson.

Participant

Vulcan Air Defense System, maybe?

Participant

Yes Mr Average Vulcan Air Defense systems, sorry Rod !! I need to keep the Hinds from shooting up my M-1’s.

Participant

Kyoteblue:

M-163!

Cheers.

Rod Robertson.

Participant

Yep that is it !!!

Participant

Got the 5 M-1’s assembled now on to 4 more of the M-163’s VADS. Then the 4 Cobras.

Participant

4 VADS on the table 1 done and 3 building. Next the Cobras and painting.

Participant

Keep up the great work Kyoteblue. You’re a one-man military-industrial-complex! Win the arms race single-handedly!

Participant

Thanks Rod!!

Participant

Got the last 2 VADS built, so painting tomorrow. Still intimidated by the Cobras so I started the 2 snap tight A-10’s.

Participant

Kyoteblue:

Are the Cobras plastic models, metal miniatures or die-cast toys? You need two more M1A1’s to complete a standard US tank company. Good luck but you should have stuck with the War-Pac kit. I’ve just finished 7 WWII Soviet BT-7’s and am now working on 4 T-35 heavy tanks and 5 KV-1’s. Next up is 3 BT-7a CS tanks and 14 T-26 Lt. tanks for the Barbarossa Soviets. For the Germans it’s a third platoon of early war infantry, 5 Pz III G’s and 6 Pz II C/D’s plus 21 motorcycle-sidecar combos and two separate motorcycles. Then it’s back to some more Ultra-modern kit.

Keep up the great work and keep us posted.

Just Jack seems to have gone to ground. I hope all is well with him and his family. Any idea what’s up with the long-horn Marine?

Cheers and good gaming.

Rod Robertson.

Participant

Oh I’ll go back to Soviets after I get Nato built. The Cobras are plastic and once I start they should build ok….I hope.
    And I was wondering if Just Jack has been getting his Butt kicked by The Boy and is ashamed to post….

Participant

Got some paint on all of it…..now I need to do touch up.

Participant

First A-10 done…. still leery of building the Cobras.

Participant

Kyoteblue:

I can’t sleep again, so I’ll take a moment to encourage you to soldier on and make those Cobras your own! To the paint pots man and begin fulfilling your 15mm destiny. Democracy and the American way of life are depending on you! And remember, the closer you get to finishing the Cold War stuff, the sooner you’ll be able to get back to Ifat and Mistress Elvira’s School for Girls!

Cheers and good gaming sir!

Rod Robertson.

Participant

The two A-10’s are done but for flight stands and I’m looking at the Cobras……I wounder what Just Jack is up too ???

Participant

Kyoteblue:

Tackle the Cobras and confront your destiny! I e-mailed Just Jack the other day and he replied today. He is fine but life is very busy for him right now. He suggested that I should learn how to use a digital camera, take piccies and post them on the interweb to take up the slack while he is preoccupied. Boy is that old sea-dog barking up the wrong tree. So, put your mind at rest and paint those Hueys!

I have five KV-1’s and four T-35’s on the painting table and the T-35 turret stripes are driving me mad. Then it’s a company of 14 T-26’s and a company of 14- T28’s to do (more G-D turret stripes) along with 160 Soviet infantry in greatcoats and 80 late war Soviet SMG infantry. In parallel I have 6 Pz IIC/D’s and 12 Pz III F/G’s along with a platoon of early war infantry and 6 Steyr-Ford lt. trucks to do. Mother, where will I find the time?

Also there are Afghan Taliban, Kurdish Peshmerga, British Royal Marines and French Foreign Legion troops and vehicles to do for the Ultramodern table. I will die under a dragon-hoard of unpainted lead I think. Oh, and there are Ancients and Cold War troops and kit to do! Help!!!!

Cheers and get the Cobras done!

Rod Robertson.

Participant

Oh that dog Just Jack let me know he was alive but I should also post AAR and Pic’s !!!! I told him he is not the boss of me and I would post them on Facebook !!!!
    I do need to take some pics and post them….I’m also in a Facebook Team Yankee campaign game. I’ll need those Cobras…

Participant

I got the yard mowed but no Cobras built …

Participant

The journey of a thousand miles starts with the first step, blue grasshopper. Pick the brush from my hand, if you can!

And talking about Facebook, why can’t I find your mini and wargame photos when I check the photo section?

Cheers and remember that orange is the new black you recidivist reprobate. You’re cool in the cooler!

Rod Robertson.

Participant

I got a 100pt Team Yankee game in today !!!! But my opponent tried to use Infantry which suck under the Team Yankee rules. So it was an easy win for my Nato troops.

Participant

My pictures didn’t turn out but my opponents did so pic on my Facebook.

Participant

I’m going there now (Facebook that is)!

Participant

Kyoteblue:

Nice!

Rod Robertson.

Participant

Thanks Rod !!!

Participant

Kyoteblue:

So, are the Cobras done yet, or are you being a slacker?

Cheers.

Rod Robertson.

Participant

Slacking……till tomorrow.

Participant

Kyoteblue:

Shame, shame, shame.

Cheers.

Rod Robertson.

Participant

More pics on Facebook.

Participant

Two campaign games in and I have won both, yeah me. Pics on Facebook,I still need to build and paint my Cobras and Hinds..should have time for that this week as most of the mowing is done.

Participant

Kyoteblue:

Good luck on the mowing and the painting!

Cheers and good gaming.

Rod Robertson.

Participant

1st Cobra is almost done and I have the 2 started.

Participant

Cobra, Cobra, Hind, Hind! Oh, and Elvira!

Participant

I do need to get back to Ifat someday…

Participant

Cobra number 2 almost done number 3 started.

Participant

Kyoteblue:

Almost done? Almost done! That’s not good enough soldier! Drop and give me eight helos now, green-horn! You think you’re in some kind of fancy finishing-school for girls, soldier? This ain’t no Ifat and I sure as hell ain’t no swanky Mistress Elvira! Now, get gluing and painting pronto old man or we’ll change your uniform for a school-girl’s tunic and drill you to be the debutant you seem to wanna be!

Get moving!

Sgt. Rock Robertson.

Participant

2 Completed 3 one is half done.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 50 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.