Home Forums Ambush Alley Games Force on Force The Next War

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Hey papasan, and others. Has anyone gone over the development draft of the rules update, The Next War?ย  I finally picked it up and printed it out. I was bugging Shawn, and others here and elsewhere, for a development so figured I better put my effort where my mouth already was. So just printed it out tonight so haven’t done anything yet. And off to sleep so realistically it will be the weekend before I get into it.

So I am curious but looking at this through Ambush Alley (rules) and Force on Force lens. Any thoughts, good, bad or otherwise? I also haven’t done any thing wrt the discord discussion. Been into other things but getting back to skirmish.

Thank you in advance for your thoughts and direction.

Participant

Yes, I have it and to be honest was not overly keen on some parts of it.
    Funnily enough –ย  yesterday, after a long absence, Shawn came up on the Discord forum and he is reviewing his efforts on NW as there has been some negative reactions & confusion caused by the new version. He is already rolling back on some of the more troublesome ideas and says:
    “I’m going to try to have a revised version of a draft out this week or early next week. It will include a list of all rule changes so you guys don’t have to dig to find them.”
    We have, of course, heard that before but fingers crossed he’ll deliver something soon. I’d suggest if you want a chance to voice your opinion on any part of the rules then now’s the time to jump on the Discord forum. ๐Ÿ˜€

Participant

I will have to look over my questions and concerns as well. I played Ambush Alley almost exclusively so whether Force on Force answered my concerns or made them worse I will have to see. Then see how v2 does all of it. Thank you for the thought out reply.

Participant

No problem, it’s good to chat about the rules, it keeps the grey matter churning ! ๐Ÿ˜‰

Participant

Well I looked at the discord page and am very unsure as to whether to go whole hog on TNW or stick with AA for now. I know TNW is a moving target but some of the differences are so subtle as to make using the old rules a bad idea as it would be way too easy to make mistakes in the future.

My intent is to get another player or two into these rules. I can see starting with them no different than starting with AA changing later. Advice?

Participant

Next War is in a complete state of flux and I don’t see them being brought to a conclusion any time soon as I believe Shawn is going to roll back a lot of the ideas to make it into a cleaner FoF style (which seems the most popular), so I expect the next development version will be quite different to what is currently available.
    I intend to stick with my ‘tweaked’ version of FoF.2 for now and roll in any new ideas from the development versions that take my fancy.
    I’d suggest you intro your friends with FoF, then if NW does become more of a FoF.3 style the change up may be easier to navigate.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.