Home Forums WWI Trench Storm

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    Participant

When I get the rules down loaded and read thru, I’ll set up a game and take pics . They will be on Facebook but hey so am I.

Participant

You can use your FOW guys, though you need to figure out a commander for each platoon. If you have some spare figures, just stick one guy on a penny.

Participant

I’ll likely just make some more command teams on the small FOW bases. Double duty troops.

Participant

Got the rules printed out and will start reading them tomorrow.

Participant

Sorry, but baby sitting a grand daughter and my Dad in the hospital and I just now got time to read them, but the printer missed page 16 so I’ll have to wait till tomorrow to have the Computer Girl down load and reprint them…I like them so far but see ways to streamline somethings.

More later Ivan.

Participant

There’s a few things that could be hacked out or streamlined. I was struggling between overhauling a lot of stuff, or keeping it mostly the same as the original.

In the end, I opted for the latter approach where possible.

Participant

Kyoteblue:

It looks like you’re having a blast with your Great War stuff! Good for you! What level of battles are you playing? Platoons? Companies? Battalions? I am really jazzed about getting back into WWI but I used to depend on using the figures of another gamer. If I jump in I will have to buy and paint figures and kit before I can play. What manufactures would you recommend I look at? I am familiar with Blue Moon miniatures but what else might you suggest? Also any rule recommendations in addition to these rules would be appreciated. I used to use Kaiser Bosche and other such rules from the 1970’s!

Ivan:

What level of combat are the rules designed to simulate and how many figures per side are recommended for an optimum sized game? Do the rules cover heavy ordanance, vehicles, tanks, gas, etc.? Are the mechanics similar to Company Comander or is this a new system? This might be a worthwhile project for next spring and summer and it would be nice to use rules written after 1980!

Thanks in advance gents for any guidance you might offer and my apologies for pestering you with questions!

Cheers and good gaming.

Rod Robertson.

Participant

Ivan:

Ignore my nattering questions! I went to the Wargames Vault and your description there answered almost all of my questions above.

A sheepish Rod Robertson.

Participant

The basic element is a platoon of 4 stands (plus a command figure). 10 or so platoons make a decent game, with some heavy weapons backing them up.
    You can go smaller or a bit bigger. Half battalion to full battalion feels pretty good, for a meaty game.

Tanks are covered, gas is covered, heavy weapons, snipers, mortars, machine guns (and they can fire indirect, a bit, too), trench raiders and horsies. All there ๐Ÿ™‚

The mechanics are original and reasonably conventional.

Participant

Ivan:

I feel sorry for pestering you when all the information was a click away, Sorry, man and if we ever meet I owe you a beer.

Cheers.

An even more sheepish Rod Robertson.

Participant

Rod, I’m using old Minifigs for 1914-16 and some TSS (via QRF ) My 1916-18 figures are again mostly Minifigs with some random PP I got in a trade.
    Blue Moon make 18mm 1916-1918 figures but I don’t have any of them. I don’t have any BF figures as my FLGS couldn’t get any from BF.
    I’m still reading Trench Storm but lack page 16 as it didn’t print. My Computer Girl is suppose to be out tomorrow so I hope can help me get all the rules printed. Er and yes I will be using my already painted 15mm figures based for FOW to play Trench Storm…..

Er Ivan I just tend to mess with rules a bit. Sorry.

Participant

The Minifigs ones are pretty solid, I have some of their Americans and Russians. Limited poses for some of them though.

Kyote – mess away! It’s meant to be easily hacked ๐Ÿ™‚

Rod – No fuss mate. I expect at least 20 questions from you personally whenever I write something ๐Ÿ˜‰

Participant

Thanks Ivan….I’m just bad like that. Oh and Rod check your msg on here.

Participant

Sadly my Computer Girl did not make it out this past week end so I’m still missing page 16 of Trench Storm. I did receive 100 or so 1916-1918 painted Brits , but have not yet based them…Busy with the new bath tub and watching one of my Grand Daughters. I did get to play a FOW Tank Aces game Sunday.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.