Home Forums General Clubs West Cumbria

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Just a heads up for anyone venturing up to or residing in the North. West Coast Gamers are a games club based in three west Cumbrian towns- Whitehaven, Workington and Aspatria with regular meetings each week in each and links to our sister group in Carlisle.

Whilst CCG’s , Games Workshop games and RPG’s tend to predominate historical games are also played and the club puts on  a regular big game at the Albanich show in Dumfries every year. Current favourites being played include Bolt Action WW2, Fire and Fury ACW, Ancients using Hail Caesar and multiple periods using Black Powder. ECW using Peter Pig’s “Regimente of Foote” is another regular and will provide the rules for our show game for 2016- Edgehill. Scale wise we switch back and forth between 15 and 28mm depending on which way the wind is blowing…

Any more info see our website or contact us via this very page!

Front Page

Cheers, Graham

Participant

A place very close to my heart, I will pop along next time I’m up visiting me Nanna in Whitehaven.

Thanks for posting marras!

Participant

No problem, we are always pleased to meet people. FYI The Workington venue is usually the location for Historical games although we can shift venue if required.

Participant

Cheers Graham, might do then next time I’m up. If I go to Workington though do I have to take my own jam?

Participant

The jam eating debate rumbles on I’m afraid. I plead neutrality as I live in Whitehaven, was born in Workington but brought up in Keswick.

I am rather fond of a good jam scone though.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.