Home Forums Fantasy General Fantasy General Warhammer Chat

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Angel Barracks

Anyone ever use home made nationality mods? As in people from Stirland are so used to death and talk of the undead what with Sylvania being part of Stirland these days that they get -1 to Fear tests, that sort of stuff?

I know Mordheim does this but some are too powerful for a full on mass battle I feel.

Or scenario mods? The plucky Halfings are defending the tobacco stores from attack by gobbos, as long as the store remains standing all Halflings are assumed to pass all rout tests etc?

Steve Johnson
    Participant

I remember when the White Dwarf magazine was really good (Paul Sawyer was the editor) there used to be a series of articles from a gamer in Swindon (I think) who didn’t paint to Golden Demon standard etc, but had nice armies and came up with interesting scenarios, along the lines of the one you suggested Mike. Sadly at the club there were too many competition type gamers so unusual scenarios or tweaking stats etc never got a look in. Shame really as the background fluff to Warhammer is brilliant.

Angel Barracks

So, just working out points for the 3 chariot models I have for the Dark Elves.

78 for a light chariot with scythes, d3+2 S4 hits when they charge.

However it says they do damage during the first round of combat.
    In what Initiative order though?

Angel Barracks

Found it, the chariots smashing into HTH hits are done 1st.

Angel Barracks

3rd Edition Frenzy sucks?

I mean my Empire Fleglers occasionally frenzy, having to roll 8+ on 2d6.
    But my wife’s Witch Elves having to roll 10+ (over their CL of 9) to enter frenzy is crap.

What do you all think?

Mr. Average
    Participant

I’ve found that a lot of special effects in 3e are rarer than they ought to be. I wonder if the original writers didn’t take into account the balance-7 effect of 2d6. It would be interesting to try some of these out with 1d12 instead.

Mike
    Keymaster

I am thinking of stealing 4th editions frenzy rule.
    I think you auto frenzy but can roll to resist and stay calm.
    Makes frenzy troops actually useful.

Angel Barracks

I started playing the various warhammer games back in the 80’s. I stopped playing in the 90’s. Only in the last couple of years have I returned to some warhammer goodness.

I play 3rd edition WFB rules. Back then the world was just starting to take shape and moving away from the very generic fantasy / Olde England feels it had. I feel that 4th edition set up the world in terms of lore and background. I play using a mixture of the look of 4th, with the rules of 3rd edition WFB, and a heavy dose of lore from WFRP 1st edition.

There are no winds of magic in my world, no ogre kingdoms, no tomb kings. It is very Germanic in its feels in terms of the Empire.
    It is a blend of what I was playing back in the day and for me this is good, I like it. Plus it means not having to learn new rules!

What are your games like, are they fully up to date, retconned and as full as possible.
    Are they stuck at a certain period, or a mix of all?

Angel Barracks

Has anyone ported the 4th edition spells back into 3rd edition?

6mmwargaming
    Participant

Have you checked out the Generals Compendium? It came out a bit later than 3rd but it doesn’t seem to cheesy and has lots of snippets in there. Pages 40-41 have army specific rules and there is more for scenarios/campaigns in there.

Mike
    Keymaster

Army specific rules or spells?

6mmwargaming
    Participant

For each army, I’m not sure about spells. There’s also a table of Army specific glorious tidings (post battle).

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.