Home Forums Nordic Weasel Games Historical 10mm Trench hammer

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Participant

I have dusted off my copy of  Trench Hammer, and decided to play the game with 10mm figures from Pendraken.

I haven’t painted mini for a long time due to a few reasons, and thanks to finally buying a desk and a good LED lamp, I was able to get my painting mojo back.

As I only have a small area to play my games, I decided to make small sized units of four figures. This can represent a section, or even a platoon or a company should I want to upscale my games.

I painted up enough riflemen to represent each unit, then painted up LMGs, Bombers and Rifle Grenadiers to let me change the unit type.

Adding some HMGs and Mortars, and in the case of the Germans, anti-tank rifle teams and a flame thrower crew.

I have two British tanks to paint up, but am in need of some bases for those. Pendraken has sold out of their German tank, thus why the Germans have more weapon crews in their army.

Having painted both sides, I am making scenery for the game, which I will update on this post as I get my collection together.

Pendraken 10mm WW1 British

Participant

They look good. It a tad small ( joke ).

Keymaster

Cool beans. Congrats on the mojo return.

Participant

Looking good – only ever played WW1 at 28mm but this sounds intriguing.

I have always been concerned that the late war period focus on the trench warfare and wonder if these rule give you a larger range of games?

Participant

Trench Hammer should do fine for the “semi fluid” period of 1918 as well. You will find that some units will be less valuable in more dispersed situations, just like the actual armies did.

I am not super convinced it works well for 1914 yet, but that can be fixed in a future update.

Participant

Update:

I have finished painting all of my  10mm figures for my game. Yes, finished painting.  I feel a bit at a loss, as I want more to paint now. Good news is that I have a few figures I can buy for my game, such as some artillery for anti tank use.

I am also very tempted to buy some French, as I kind of fancy painting something I don’t normally consider fielding on the table.

I am now focusing on making some scenery, and have a lot more to make.

The two ruined  buildings are a work in progress, and I am happy how they are tuning out so far.

I will be making some more shell holes and shattered trees, and am working on making some 10mm barbed wire.

The concept of the barbed wire is working: I just need a good glue to hold it all together.

Participant

Looking good!

"I saw this in a cartoon once, but I'm pretty sure I can do it..."

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.