Home Forums Sci Fi 15mm Sci-Fi 15mm Sci-fi Figure Options

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Participant

For many years, I’ve been collecting figs and whatnot for a 28mm post apoc campaign game.  The game was originally conceived as a 28mm skirmish, as at the time I started this (1980s), there were no prominent 15mmPA figs that I was aware of.   This year, some of the parts of it are finally coming together, and over the last couple of weeks, I’ve been getting a lot of work done on the map (which I may finish today!).  Anyway, as I was looking at the map and considering some of the factions/armies yesterday, it occurred to me that some of the battles/settings/scope really screams for 15mm games, more than 28mm.  So now I’m considering the possibility of switching some portion of the game from 28mm to 15mm. leaving me with some questions.

Some portion of the troops and equipment can be covered by 15mm modern manufacturers, but I’m not up on all of the sci-fi stuff.

Who are the current 15mm sci-fi manufacturers?  I am familiar with:

Rebel

Brigade

Khurason

GZG

Combat Wombat

Next, ideally , I would need some figs similar to old (1980s) GW Imperial Guard, possibly newer GW Cadians, and a few space marines.  Are there any 15mm figs that are particularly similar to any of those?

Who makes scavengers/survivors?

Any troops on horseback (and dismounted) (think a cross between Sons of the Alamo and Texas Rangers from the book, The Arab-Israeli War)?

And, does anyone make any figures of Priests, Nuns, Monks, etc,  (a church is at the core of an important faction)?

Any civilians/non-combatants?

Obviously, I will be searching through the various manufacturers lists, but any recommendations are greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

irishserb

Participant

15mm.co.uk has a whole collection of manufacturers under their banner with a very eclectic mix but I’d say there’s a definite focus on aliens.

The Scene whilst mostly a terrain company does a small selection of useful 15mm people with zombie hunters (including a person on a horse), robots and I have no idea what the big clawed cyborg things are but I like them.

Dropship Horizon has a fairly exhaustive list of manufacturers – too many for me to list without copy-pasting, which would be a bit redundant. Scroll down a bit on the front page and you’ll find the list on the right-hand side.

dropshiphorizon.blogspot.com

How close a resemblance do you need to GW Space Marines? The closest thing I can think of is the set of power-armoured “Government” troopers from Khurasan’s post-apoc range.

For scavengers/survivors, you might want to consider the GZG Ravagers (under Human Characters and Misc Aliens) and armed colonists, and the Darkest Star Games colonist adventurers (under the Colony 15 section). The Sahadeen from Rebel Miniatures might also fit the bill.

GZG also does civilians.

For troops on horseback, I can think of the Sepulvedan resistance scouts from Khurasan and the Pan-African Union scouts and Colonial Defence Force scouts from GZG.

As for “standard” human sci-fi troopers along the lines of GW Cadians and classic generic Imperial Guard, it seems to me there are so many ranges along these lines that they all start to look the same. I can’t really speak for which come the closest to the GW ones, though.

Keep in mind, not all of the ranges I’ve mentioned might mix well with each other.

EDIT: My Dropship Horizon link in this post seems to be acting up. Trying to fix it now.

Participant

I’d second Dropship Horizon for a comprehensive list of 15mm science fiction manufacturers. GZZG and Khurasan probably have the biggest range of suitable civilians but all companies seemt to have a few suitable candidates. For “non sci-fi” figures take a look at Peter Pig. I’ve linked to the three most suitable for your purposes but there are lots of other gems. They are on the smaller side of 15mm. http://www.peterpig.co.uk/ww2civilians.html http://www.peterpig.co.uk/darkages.html http://www.peterpig.co.uk/ak47.html

Slightly blurry. The vamp in purple is from RAFM, the two cyber Geishas from Eureka, the others from GZG.

The one on the left is from SPlintered Light, the others GZG IIRC.

Participant

Thanks guys, starting to explore now…

Participant

I’ve mentioned this before, but check out the Eureka modern Australians for nice, low-tech scifi troopers. They look fantastic and their kit looks kind of futuristic as it is.

Participant

Oddział Osmy makes a small but expanding 15mm line. I believe they recently released some armed Priests and Vatican Guards, as well. The New Vistula troops would be reasonable Cadians, as would Khurasan’s Federal Army.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.