Home Forums General PC and Console Gaming And now a magic trick from 26 000 feet

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author

So say you have a bridge you just have to bomb, it’s a bad bad bridge, and the baddies are gonna use it. However, there’s a full on winter storm, rain, sleet, thunder. Almost 100% cloud cover.

How are you gonna bomb that brigade then?

Well, you got the ground radar silly.

This is my first attempt at using it, its not exactly 2023 tech. So I choose a brigade as those generally stand out well, however as I discovered they are quite narrow…

Flying at 26 000 feet, I set up my GPS guided JDAMs, I fire up the ground radar, I have set up a steer point some 10-15nm from the target, The south Atlantic map is mostly empty, so I have no problems finding the city of  Comandante Luis Piedrabuena, and follow the river to the point where the bridge is, now its all down to getting a clear image and getting accurate to the bridge, like most air to ground things in the F16, it’s all about creating sensor point of interest or SPIs, these are usually automatically put up on the F16 computer and weapons can home in on it, or you can slew various cameras to the point. I mark the brigade with an SPI and fly the F16 to the cue marker and hold the bombs for them to drop.

The effect is quite dramatic and very “magic”

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.