Home Forums General General First Gaslands Team READY!

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Since then I’ve completed more, which I’ll put up if people are interested. Also some scenery, Matt and I got a set templates. So all I need now is to arrange a game with at least one person who is interested. Just need to get a bit more polished at the rules so I’ll know what the heck I’m doing.

Keymaster

Cool, post more!

Participant

“…more, which I’ll put up if people are interested.”

Please and Thank You.

“…need to get a bit more polished at the rules so I’ll know what the heck I’m doing.”

Dunno…if I did that I wouldn’t ever play anything. ; )

Participant

Do you want a flake in that?

Gaslands wouldn’t be Gaslands without an Ice Cream Van. My take on one.

How to make the perfect Mr Whippy Ice Cream.

1. 600ml Double Cream / 6cm Armour Plate.

2, 275g Tin of Condensed Milk / 7.62mm Machine Gun.

3. Big Pinch of Sea Salt / Big Handful of Grenades

4. 2 Tsp Vanilla Extract / Front Ram

5. A Piping Bag / A Pipe Bomb

6. Star Nozzle Attachment (Optional) / Rear Spike Attachments (Optional)

And of course don’t forgot any toppings.

1. Flake / Fuel Cans

2 Chocolate Sauce / Spare Tyre

Blimey it’s the Rozzers. “We got different laws for you out here boy”

The Highway Patrol is a Sponsor in Gaslands. So here’s my take on them.

Keymaster

I know zero about the setting, but is it a blend of Mad Max and Dark Future?

Nice work on the vehicles, are there figures of dudes and dudettes?

Participant

The setting is kept simple, basically most people have left Earth for Mars. Earth being in a rather poor state. So apocalyptic is the name of the game. However, some sponsors do give their teams nice shiny new tech. So no reason why people don’t convert their cars to reflect this. It’s a race and the motorised blood sport Gaslands then is televised from Earth to Mars. The main character, Rutherford set up Gaslands and sponsors teams from Mars.

As for infantry, there are people who print figures designed for Hotwheels and Matchbox cars. Drivers, gunners and general infantry. You could use other minis I suppose. But you know what scale creep is like with manufacturers.

Keymaster

Are infantry types used much in the game?

Participant

Not really as it’s a vehicular based game. I’m not one for painting infantry minis anyway, much prefer scenery and vehicles. So this type of game suits me.

The game can quite easily played by buying hotwheels cars from the toy shop. Getting the rules book, some dice and just about anything for a bit of scenery and off you go. No need for converting cars or any painting if you don’t want.

Participant

Honestly, I think the real attraction is the game is the sheer of fun of kit bashing and scratch building the vehicles.  It’s hard to stop once you’ve begun!

To me, the game universe feels “forced” in some fashion, that it was very deliberately designed not to be the archetypal Mad Max wasteland, or a Car Wars style world.  Personally, it doesn’t hang together too well for my tastes, and I rather dislike the high tech weapons of one faction.  But that’s easy enough to ignore. 

Great, great job on those cars!  They’ll ride into Valhalla, very shiny and chrome.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.