Home Forums WWII Axis & Allies Wargame Rules Still Around

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Inactive

The author of this topic requested their account be deleted.

This topic has been kept by attributing the original post to an admin account, and replacing the initial wording by the now deleted user with this.
    To have deleted the topic in its entirety would also have deleted the replies of others, and it is not fair that their postings be effected.

– Mike.

Participant

I still have a carry case full with expansions etc somewhere in storage. It was a fairly decent game but the scaling was never consistent on the models.

Participant

We played it once. It was fun, but we could never figure out what one figure was supposed to represent and the models were sadly all over the place in scale, especially in the beginning.

Participant

The second edition A&A models are mostly 1/100 or 15mm  I use a lot of them for FOW.

Participant

Yeah the later editions were closer to 15mm or Battlefront FoW size. Did you mean are the rules available? I played it with my nephews several years ago and as I remember the rules were just small booklets with the stats of units on their respected cards. I know there was a few ebay stores from China selling units very cheap some years back…

“The great Gaels of Ireland are the men that God made mad,
    For all their wars are merry, and all their songs are sad.”

Participant

I was just googling around being plagued by self-doubt as to how I treat light mortars other than the US 60mm and found a link from the Axis & Allies game by Wizards of the Coast:

http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=ah/aam/ah20050708b

What a truly terrifying link. In one brief page, blowback operation wrongly attributed to the MG 42, the PaK 36 hopelessly muddled with the PaK 38, PzGr 39 and PzGr 40 credited with the same muzzle velocity, and the 5cm leGrW 36 grown to colossal size like a mutant monster marrow.

And that’s for the Germans. I shudder to think what tosh they might invent for the British or Russians.

Don’t schoolboys study this stuff any more?

All the best,

John.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.